Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

What he said. I normally like what Zagato do, especially with AM stuff but that is a complete dog's breakfast.

Like most American cars: 'weirdly' as in : like a rock for the first couple of years, until they get to around 3/5th the original price, there they will stay for 15 years, going down very, very slowly, (condition being more important then age here) and as they approach banger stage they stagnate at 5k, where they will be till they return to the earth :p

Ain't that the fucking truth :lol:

Yeesh, I know it's an Aston Martin Zagato, but it just looks like Generic Japanese 90s Coupe Styling Casserole.

What he said. I normally like what Zagato do, especially with AM stuff but that is a complete dog's breakfast.

I agree it's not their best work but in black I think it looks pretty good in an 80's futuristic way. If being ugly means it's cheaper then I'm also happy with that.

Matt, don't whatever you do visit a brothel.

As Matt said, it's not like Porsche never had four cylinder cars - but I wish it'd be a small 6 cylinder turbo or similar, because if I want a car that sounds like shit a Subaru, I'm gonna buy a Subaru.

Great video nonetheless.

E: I shouldn't say Subaru, that's more for starting the car. While driving this Boxster appears to sound just like any GTI or other two liter turbo hatchbacks ... so no. Sorry Porsche. Even if it's an entry level car it has to be more special than that, and by that I don't mean lap times that are close to the GT4's.

Last edited:
I am not so sure that matte green was the best choice of colour here.

VjckZE4.jpg

Well, I'm sure. That looks great in my books.

I just feel it's a bit... over-done. Everyone and their grandmother around here paints their "custom car" in matte grey or green, no matter what brand or year.

Matt, don't whatever you do visit a brothel.

OK I didn't think that one through. :lol:

I'm saying nothing more or I'd just dig myself deeper. :D

I just feel it's a bit... over-done. Everyone and their grandmother around here paints their "custom car" in matte grey or green, no matter what brand or year.

I'm on the fence with matt or satin green, lots of people choose it for their LRs and I considered it for my D1 but it screams 'army wannabe' to me.

Don't you mean "murderer"?

First gen Disco? Check.
Army surplus clothing? Check.
Collapsible shovel? Check.
Length of stout rope? Check.
Duct tape? Check.......

Don't you mean "murderer"?

First gen Disco? Check.
Army surplus clothing? Check.
Collapsible shovel? Check.
Length of stout rope? Check.
Duct tape? Check.......

Yeah I have all of them, but I swear I only have the camo trousers because they were very cheap on eBay. :D

I should buy a folding saw...

You forgot the tarp(s) and plastic bags. /creepy guy

Jumping on the awesome train as well for that Mustang.

I just can't get past the maintenance required for a satin finish to even consider it, or even appreciate it most times when I see it. :(

Yeah my detailer told me about that, once I have the funds I want to take my car to him for paint correction (it's close to perfect but obviously there are random little scratches here and there) and do the coating.

Your post put my brain on a tangent looking at paint correction on youtube. Then searching for a nice dewalt buffer. :|