Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Went by during daylight to get the 'full majesty' and enquire how long the car has been up there.

Sales drone said it had been up there over a month now.

a1466012-c832-4ed2-94e8-c45a57d0ee85.jpg

This fiberglass T-Rex has been perched on the side of a Finnish highway for years. It hasn't sold either.

Da fuck?

I wonder how easy it is to fit a 968 rear end to a 944?

porsche-944-s2-968-11.jpg

While the 968 doesn't look bad at all (to me), I'd fancy a 944 S2 with the 968 rear end as I like its smooth looks. Plus you'd get proper pop-ups, if you're really into them.

a1466012-c832-4ed2-94e8-c45a57d0ee85.jpg

This fiberglass T-Rex has been perched on the side of a Finnish highway for years. It hasn't sold either.

LHajxEe.jpg

Still worlds better than the competing Brontosaurus. When are they going to take that horrible POS out back and shoot it?

No wonder the T-Rex does not sell. It a very old design. It's getting a little long in the tooth already.

Last edited:
I been having issues with my keyfobs and couldn't figure out why since I just replaced batteries a month or two ago. On a whim decided to put in new batteries, sure enough that was the issue... Stupid cheap batteries.

I wonder how easy it is to fit a 968 rear end to a 944?

porsche-944-s2-968-11.jpg

While the 968 doesn't look bad at all (to me), I'd fancy a 944 S2 with the 968 rear end as I like its smooth looks. Plus you'd get proper pop-ups, if you're really into them.

What do you mean IF? Isn't everyone?

Indeed, anyone who says s/he doesn't like pop-ups should be approached carefully, for they may be aliens...or hippies.

Back to your question, I think "difficult" may be your asnwer. just from that picture the rear window seems to be completely different while looking almost identical (as Porsche is known to do).

I guess if you have enough fiberglass around you could make it fit, but it's very unlikely to be a "bolt in and sand around the edges" conversion.

Installment #3 in the re-powering of the asphalt lay down machine.

New engine is set in place with hydraulic pump attached. Pulled 6 lines off the pump to get replaced, then we will need to get the rest replaced once the engine runs and we can test the pump. Dad has gone to a local shop to get bolts and the new hydraulic lines. I'll hit it again in the morning when it's cooler.

Came back to the Challenger this evening from a work dinner, to find a nice chunk of the paint on driver's door had been removed courtesy of a caring local who opened his door too vigorously. S/He was soooo nice about it they didn't even want to inconvenience me with a note, preferring I discover the issue all by myself.

Sigh.

In the grand scheme of things, this is nothing. It can be fixed. It's only a car. I get that.

Still makes me dislike people a bit more, though.

Came back to the Challenger this evening from a work dinner, to find a nice chunk of the paint on driver's door had been removed courtesy of a caring local who opened his door too vigorously. S/He was soooo nice about it they didn't even want to inconvenience me with a note, preferring I discover the issue all by myself.

Sigh.

In the grand scheme of things, this is nothing. It can be fixed. It's only a car. I get that.

:comfort:

That sux man :(

Sigh.

Uff, that sucks. :comfort:

I guess you can at least be happy you're not this Challenger owner.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Roadcam/comments/6kg5kn/usavaoc_2015_challenger_hit_6_times_in_parking_lot/

The guy has 4 dashcams (one in each direction) constantly running because of his bad luck.

Sigh.

This is SOOOOO annoying.:(

I know you knew it was going to happen eventually, but it still sucks.

Nearly the end of the asphalt lay down re-power project. Got to the track about 7 this morning, got the bolts and hoses from dad. Those didn't take too long to get installed, but I had to run to town to grab new fuel hose, battery cables and oil for the engine. About 30 minutes after returning from the parts run, some fresh gas and it fired to life!

It's now closer to the shop so I can get the remainder of the hydraulic hoses replaced next week ahead of the return road repave the following week. This all went way better than expected and I am now available for higher to replace the engine on your heavy equipment. :D