Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Speaking of foreign Mustangs, i have mixed feelings about the Alfa Romustang from Brazil, the FNM On?a.

qr-607-gb-onca-04.jpg

qr-607-gb-onca-01.jpg

TIL this is a thing. Love it.

Also the current incentives on Fiestas are really good. Tempted to stop at a dealer this week to talk numbers on an ST.

It looks wrong somehow, we are so used to the classic mustangs proportions, the wheelbase on this is to short, like somebody cut up a mustang and glued an Alfa front end on it.....

I might be a bad person. One of my reactions to the hurricane business is "That should produce a nontrivial number of Ford Superduties with hydrolocked Powerstrokes"

You'd think that but most of the time the vehicles that get killed in Houstonian hurricane flooding are cars, not big diesel trucks. There will be some but not as many as you'd hope. :p

Speaking of foreign Mustangs, i have mixed feelings about the Alfa Romustang from Brazil, the FNM On?a.

qr-607-gb-onca-04.jpg

qr-607-gb-onca-01.jpg

Wait WHAT?
I never heard about it before...and obviously never seen one.

EDIT: Just to add to the automotive pout-pourri, "On?a" means "Jaguar". :lol:

Last edited:

Also the current incentives on Fiestas are really good. Tempted to stop at a dealer this week to talk numbers on an ST.

How do you talk numbers?

I was disappointed with the new 2014 or 2015 I test drove back when I was car shopping. It was a fun car, but build quality was meh. The A pillar buzzed (frankly, the whole car buzzed) and the car barely had any miles on it.

I was disappointed with the new 2014 or 2015 I test drove back when I was car shopping. It was a fun car, but build quality was meh. The A pillar buzzed (frankly, the whole car buzzed) and the car barely had any miles on it.

Dunno. I'm very sensitive to that kind of stuff and have never had a problem with any FiST I've driven. Only thing that I don't like about the 18s is the color palette. Black, white, gray and orange. Its a fucking hot hatch! Offer it in more colors.

But, the drive home reminded me of why I love my Jeep. Was downpouring all day and parts of the freeway I commute on were flooded (this particular freeway would flood if someone spilled a 20oz water bottle onto it). Traffic was backed up about a mile because everyone was going around the water on the raised shoulders. When I got to the blockage, I just Jeeped right through because Jeep and zero fucks given. Certainly can't do that in a Fiesta.

Dunno. I'm very sensitive to that kind of stuff and have never had a problem with any FiST I've driven. Only thing that I don't like about the 18s is the color palette. Black, white, gray and orange. Its a fucking hot hatch! Offer it in more colors.
I hated the seating position in both Fiesta and Focus. too upright.

But, the drive home reminded me of why I love my Jeep. Was downpouring all day and parts of the freeway I commute on were flooded (this particular freeway would flood if someone spilled a 20oz water bottle onto it). Traffic was backed up about a mile because everyone was going around the water on the raised shoulders. When I got to the blockage, I just Jeeped right through because Jeep and zero fucks given. Certainly can't do that in a Fiesta.

That's one of the best aspects of the X, suddenly there are much more traversable roads than city engineers thought :p

I have heard rumors that the Fiesta will be going away, so if you want it,... well, you really don't want one. Nobody else does either. lol

#Russia
I see nothing wrong there.

I have heard rumors that the Fiesta will be going away, so if you want it,... well, you really don't want one. Nobody else does either. lol

Yeah well, I happen to like the current Fiesta ST. Maybe I'll wait until the very last of the MY17 stock when dealers are practically giving them away whether or not there will be a MY18.

whether or not there will be a MY18.

No that this is public info and you wouldn't tell us if there was but, would that info be shared with employees?

Opinion:

The later 944 / the 968 and the NSX are some of the most timeless car interiors.

583145d1321384249-the-official-968-interior-thread-011.jpg

Honda-NSX-S-NA1-1997-Design-Interior-Exterior-4.jpg

I agree.
I am a sucker for equal-sized speedo and tach gauges.
y4ndRk0.jpg

I agree on the whole with the NSX, but the "everything in the dash band" of the late 944/968 not so much. That didn't age well, IMHO.

On the other hand, the most ergonomic cockpit ever is still the Z32 300ZX. Pretty much everything literally at your fingertips and in your line of sight.

1990-1996-Nissan-300ZX-interior.jpg

2.jpg

Even on the base car, which didn't have digital climate control.

31792096.jpg

31792108.jpg

Edit: Of course, that also had the benefit of keeping any annoying passenger from constantly screwing with your climate control, hazard lights, etc., etc. because they were generally out of their immediate reach.

Last edited:
I agree on the whole with the NSX, but the "everything in the dash band" of the late 944/968 not so much. That didn't age well, IMHO.

On the other hand, the most ergonomic cockpit ever is still the Z32 300ZX. Pretty much everything literally at your fingertips and in your line of sight.

2.jpg

Same-size gauges. <3

Damn dieselgate/imploding subcompact market. *shakes fist*