Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I kind of feel bad for the cop.

"Jonhson! Congratulations on the promotion, you can now draw a new unmarked vehicle from motorpool."

Oooh, I wonder what it I'll be? Charger V8? Twin turbo Interceptor? Maybe one of the SUVs or a winch-equpped Canyon Patrol truck?

It's a fucking Toyota Sienna.

Blind_Io;n3544869 said:
Kiki says we should buy an MX-5.

So at the risk of throwing a grenade into the room: Which Miata is Best Miata?

(Ducks)

V12 Miata is best Miata:

Blind_Io;n3544869 said:

(Ducks)

You're a tall dude, right? If you want to be able to fit inside with the top up, she should get an MR2 Spyder. Drives somewhat differently from a Miata, but it's even lighter.

Blind_Io;n3544869 said:

(Ducks)

Honda S2000

So, erm, I have to admit, when I made threw around the MX5 suggestion last night, it may have been spurred by the hilarious image of Blind actually trying to fit into one...

Kiki;n3544943 said:
So, erm, I have to admit, when I made threw around the MX5 suggestion last night, it may have been spurred by the hilarious image of Blind actually trying to fit into one...

You sadist.

93Flareside;n3544864 said:
Is this becoming more common with other states? This is awful.

PA State just got a wad of gray Explorers with ever-so-slightly-darker-gray badging. This, combined with Maryland's "Yeah fuck it, we don't need even a single marked Explorer, and let's buy them in every color of the rainbow!" program has effectively moved every Explorer with a black grille into "Yeah fuck that guy" territory.

The Explorer seems to be the weapon of choice in Missouri, with a few Chargers them on top. Police and sheriff departments paint theirs. While the highway patrol buys whatever color, puts their standard crest on the door and a couple stickers that read highway patrol on the fenders.

Last edited:
Labcoatguy;n3544881 said:
You're a tall dude, right? If you want to be able to fit inside with the top up, she should get an MR2 Spyder. Drives somewhat differently from a Miata, but it's even lighter.

I tried public's NA Miata a couple of years ago. Or should I say, I was going to try it. Had I actually wedged myself in there I would've needed a crane to get out.

Just did a quick search for used S2000s, since I had a few minutes free at work.

Yeah, nope. Not paying the price of a brand new hatchback for a 10 year old coupe. I know Hondas hold their value, but holy shit, that's absurd.

Blind_Io;n3545102 said:
Just did a quick search for used S2000s, since I had a few minutes free at work.

Yeah, nope. Not paying the price of a brand new hatchback for a 10 year old coupe. I know Hondas hold their value, but holy shit, that's absurd.

What do you expect it's essentially a future classic/collector's car.

Not $30K for a 10 year old car that went for $30K-$34K brand new.

Yeah, but how many of those actually get the asking price? Give them a month or two not selling and they'll be willing to talk, assuming they're not completely drunk on dreams of VTEC.

prizrak;n3545105 said:
Got a buddy who got a GTI, no end of issues, clutch, electrical, you name it...

But... But.... TWO DOORS. :cry:

What type of electrical issues? Two coworkers have Jettas which aren't that much different... One's a 2015 and the others a '16. Both have over 60,000 miles on them without problems. I REALLY thought VW turned a corner on reliability.

*waits for spectre*

Last edited:
According to US News, the focus doesn't seem to be any better.