Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimCorrigan View Post

Victor and prizrak explained it already better than I could. Not a dumb question. Ever since I got my license (24 years ago, oy!) I’ve always been taught on its optimal use (described above), so that scenario never really occurs for me. As you can imagine, living where I do I rarely even get the opportunity to use cruise because of sudden elevation changes, but on gradual hills or sweepers, like BC-19 north of me, or BC-99 south of Richmond heading to Washington State, where I do use it I won’t encounter that possibility.

Hey, sorry for being AWOL for so long but that offer for you and your SO to come visit still stands anytime. Last fall was not good because of mourning.
    Yeah I can imagine your home turf isn't exactly cruise control heaven, haha. That's what we have Saskatchewan for!

No worries bud, good to see you back on the forum! SO is now wife as of a couple of weeks ago, so we're busy planning honeymoon stuff and conserving vacation days for it - we're aiming to make it out to your island next summer!

OSPhoto

Comment

Is it really worth shipping a car from Florida because it's red when there's a blue one right here in Worcester

Comment

Yes, red ones go faster
        ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

Originally posted by prizrak View Post
          Until I had the Subaru I didn't even think that manuals could have CC.
          I found out last night that my GTI will keep cruise control on even if I press the clutch in and change gears. it only turns off if I switch it off or press the brakes.
          1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
          2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
          1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
          2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
          2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Originally posted by CraigB View Post
            Ambulances, diesel trucks, etc. use two in parallel to get more amps for cranking/draw. Dad talks about hitting old diesel semi trucks with 24 volts to get them to crank fast enough to start easier.
            I thought diesels were 24V + extra capacity of dual batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by 93Flareside View Post

I found out last night that my GTI will keep cruise control on even if I press the clutch in and change gears. it only turns off if I switch it off or press the brakes.
              That's interesting, IIRC the Z would disengage CC when you clutch in. I should test the Stang and X

Comment

Originally posted by 93Flareside View Post

I thought diesels were 24V + extra capacity of dual batteries.
                Could be. His experience came from the late 1970s, so it may have been different then.

Comment

CC is one of my favourite ticket avoidance system. Set it at tolerated speed - margin X, and relax.

I use it in town on the highway, anywhere really.
                  - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

I did a thing. Teaser coming in a few hours.

•1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                    •2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                    •2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                    •1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                    •1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post
                      I did a thing. Teaser coming in a few hours.
                      Isn't the real teaser this post?

Comment

Originally posted by CraigB View Post

Isn't the real teaser this post?
                        That was the pre-teaser.

This is the real teaser.

Just brought it home, and now to take the Mustang to Boston for vacation. PYC in a week.

Comment

Pumpkin Orange Spice FiST?

Comment

So CrzRsn and I are apparently related on some genetic level.

I also did a thing. Mine comes in August, though.

My car is Greener than your car.

LegendZ live forever.

Comment

Did one of those supercar driving experiences courtesy of the wife. Drove a Gallardo LP560-4, I no longer want a Lambo. It didn't feel nearly as fast as it actually is, actually felt slower than my Mustang in a straight line (I'm sure it was faster just didn't feel like it) it is also aparently for midgets with tiny feet because the pedal box is way too tight and the seat just does not go far enough back (I'm only 6' tall not exactly a giant)

Comment

Are Fords becoming the new MX-5 around here?

Comment

Originally posted by Nabster View Post
                                  So CrzRsn and I are apparently related on some genetic level.

I also did a thing. Mine comes in August, though.

Color blind?
                                  "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Comment

Oooh, two mustangs back to back. Looking forward to the PYCs when the time comes. So excited for both ponies!

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                                      Are Fords becoming the new MX-5 around here?
                                      Nabster has always been all about Mustangs far as I can recall. CrzRsn is likely just getting the FiST for testing purposes being an engineer at Ford and all

Crown Vics on the other hand are getting there lol

Comment

Originally posted by prizrak View Post

Nabster has always been all about Mustangs far as I can recall. CrzRsn is likely just getting the FiST for testing purposes being an engineer at Ford and all

Crown Vics on the other hand are getting there lol
                                        Wut?

Comment

That bright green one I saw about a year ago in Detroit metro area. That’s yours, right?

Comment

Working...
                                          X