Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prizrak View Post

FWD is sick and wrong and should be done away with!
    anyone else who read this in trumps voice?
    Last edited by bone; July 5th, 2018, 8:14 AM.

Comment

FWD is sick and wrong and should be done away with!
      People like Alec Issigonis, Timo Mäkinen, Rauno Aaltonen(I used to work for his legend!) and half the ppl in grF would disagree with you. But you know better, huh.
      Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchi View Post
        It's perfect for constructing spaceous cars like the Fiesta while saving a bit of money in the process to do so
        Sure, doesn't make it right

Originally posted by bone View Post

MDGA! (Make Driving Great Again)

Originally posted by Anesthesia View Post

People like Alec Issigonis, Timo Mäkinen, Rauno Aaltonen(I used to work for his legend!) and half the ppl in grF would disagree with you. But you know better, huh.
        Appeal to authority doesn't work with me for one. A pro driver being able to drive a drivetrain layout well is in no way an endorsement of that layout for two.
        Last edited by prizrak; July 5th, 2018, 3:18 PM.
        ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post

"I have to say a lot of people have been asking about FWD. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, "Why does FWD suck"? And I tell them look, we know why FWD sucks. We've had eighty years of the worst kind of layout you can imagine. Oh my god, I can't believe it. The wheels and the steering and the power. Its terrible. Its just terrible. Look, if you want to know what FWD is, do you want to know what FWD is? I'll tell you. First of all the front wheels, by the way I love the front wheels. they´re probably my favorite wheels, no they are my favorite wheels. You know what, they're probably more like the front wheels but placed at the back. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of wheels. Except for front-driven wheels, now those are wheels that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. they're nice wheels but they are ,like, understeering. going straight on and on, like that. They're weak! You know what I mean? They're very weak. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these wheels and we can power the front ones or the rears. ALL OF them even. Did you know that? We can power all of them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at powering all the wheels than me. You wouldn't believe it. That I can tell you. So, we're gonna be the best on FWD, believe me. OK? Alright. Thank you."

<Ice> Oh, you're the kiddy anime guy.
          "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were."
          John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by gaasc View Post

"I have to say a lot of people have been asking about FWD. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, "Why does FWD suck"? And I tell them look, we know why FWD sucks. We've had eighty years of the worst kind of layout you can imagine. Oh my god, I can't believe it. The wheels and the steering and the power. Its terrible. Its just terrible. Look, if you want to know what FWD is, do you want to know what FWD is? I'll tell you. First of all the front wheels, by the way I love the front wheels. they´re probably my favorite wheels, no they are my favorite wheels. You know what, they're probably more like the front wheels but placed at the back. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of wheels. Except for front-driven wheels, now those are wheels that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. they're nice wheels but they are ,like, understeering. going straight on and on, like that. They're weak! You know what I mean? They're very weak. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these wheels and we can power the front ones or the rears. ALL OF them even. Did you know that? We can power all of them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at powering all the wheels than me. You wouldn't believe it. That I can tell you. So, we're gonna be the best on FWD, believe me. OK? Alright. Thank you."
            I was laughing like a madman at this, have an imaginary +rep

Comment

I'm clicking furiously on the left pane but nothing is happening....

Comment

That was brilliant.

Comment

L-O-fucking-L!

OSPhoto

Comment

Yeah, some days good enough is good enough.

No trees were killed in the transmission of this message;
                    but a stupendous number of photons and electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Went on a tour of some of the nice driving roads upstate, stupidly forgot that I have to press "record" twice on my dash/action cam and didn't record the best parts

Comment

Originally posted by Blind_Io View Post

Yeah, some days good enough is good enough.
                        Why not have both?

Click image for larger version  Name:	vFKe8tF.jpg Views:	1 Size:	670.2 KB ID:	3551103

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors...rt_on_model_3/
                        bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                        "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                        "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

This looks like fun. Wish I were 10 years younger, I would give it a go.

Also love the team name. Sounds like a job I would love.
                          Rowena Crouch | Thanks for visiting my Fundraising Page for 2018 Road Boss Rally! You can support our fundraising efforts for GIVIT by selecting the ...
                          "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Comment

I was looking for a Galaxy/Sharan/Alhambra arm rest to go in the smart with this bracket, and stumbled across this:

Seriously? There's no way you could drive with that shit on the wheel, it has to be a fake.

Comment

Wool come sounds gross.
                              Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

Comment

Post of 2018 right there!
                                Originally posted by tigger
                                The Lord spoke, "Let there be angry V8s, whistling turbos and big ass cams." And it was good.

Comment

Went on a tour of some of the nice driving roads upstate, stupidly forgot that I have to press "record" twice on my dash/action cam and didn't record the best parts
                                  You left the city? Voluntarily?
                                  Originally posted by tigger
                                  The Lord spoke, "Let there be angry V8s, whistling turbos and big ass cams." And it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by JimCorrigan View Post

You left the city? Voluntarily?
                                    I do that quite a bit lol, it's not a particularly good driving environment.

Comment

for me it's more the other way around
                                      "you went into the city? voluntarily?"

cities suck...

Comment

That's cuz you don't live in the only proper city on the planet Everything outside of NYC might as well be a radioactive wasteland

Comment

Have a look at some old Soviet era cars in Moscow.

"I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Comment

Working...
                                          X