Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Fair enough. But I must say, those elbow patches look nice on your tweed jacket. You must get a lot of compliments at Jaguar conventions, eh grandpa ?

:p

Texas, remember? No tweed jacket or flat caps here. :D

And we have burnout contests in the parking lot. :D

Texas, remember?

Oh yeah, I'm sorry. This look is far better:

three_redneck_tenors_w75g.jpg

:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Says the man driving the most common car of high-level corporate cocks. :p At least mine has a racing heritage. :D
I believe you'll find Audi has racing heritage, in previous forms of Auto Union well before Jaguar came into the scene.

I believe you'll find Audi has racing heritage, in previous forms of Auto Union well before Jaguar came into the scene.

And these guys had more reacing hertiage well before Audi.

300px-Ford_Motor_Company_Logo.svg.png

Henry Ford himself raced the first car to bear his name.

It's still an Audi, who has loads of racing heritage.

The point is that he was denigrating my Pathfinder as being shit, which has a racing history, whereas he's driving an S8, which has none.

All that rave and rant about Jaguars, heritage, craftsmanship and the overall awesomeness of the marque...

..and Best of Show was Italian :mrgreen:

That was a sympathy vote - the Italians lost their own show in 2008 as nobody attended. :D

Last edited:
Dear Nissan: If you're going to put a lock in the chain holding the spare tire, make sure you provide the key aswell.

i think a November '09 truck (uncle's) can still be classified as ?new? ;)
Seriously though, it is rather annoying that they didn't send a damned key. luckily it was one of those locks you can break with a hammer so, it was more of a passing annoyance.

i think a November '09 truck (uncle's) can still be classified as ?new? ;)
Seriously though, it is rather annoying that they didn't send a damned key. luckily it was one of those locks you can break with a hammer so, it was more of a passing annoyance.

Someone screwed up, then. Unless it was something the dealer put on, that is.
Otherwise, all the keys for all the locks a Nissan was built with are in the vehicle when it leaves the factory.

I've always wondered what people do with the owner's manuals when they trade in a car. The last two used cars my parents bought didn't come with any. Are Acura RSX and Honda Civic manuals in high demand these days, or what? :?

I've always wondered what people do with the owner's manuals when they trade in a car. The last two used cars my parents bought didn't come with any. Are Acura RSX and Honda Civic manuals in high demand these days, or what? :?

Often dealerships pull them out of the cars when they take them in trade and file them with the documentation. When the cars go to auction, the manuals get tossed.

That's why i nicked the Manual in my dad's S-10, trouble is, i forgot where i left it.

On other note, i want a Shelby Daytona, popup hadlights, Digital Dash, pilarless doors, sign me up.

Last edited:
On other note, i want a Shelby Daytona, popup hadlights, Digital Dash, pilarless doors, sign me up.

Welcome to my world. I've wanted one of these forever. The R/T model with 224hp.