Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

JimCorrigan;n3550645 said:
Victor and prizrak explained it already better than I could. Not a dumb question. Ever since I got my license (24 years ago, oy!) I’ve always been taught on its optimal use (described above), so that scenario never really occurs for me. As you can imagine, living where I do I rarely even get the opportunity to use cruise because of sudden elevation changes, but on gradual hills or sweepers, like BC-19 north of me, or BC-99 south of Richmond heading to Washington State, where I do use it I won’t encounter that possibility.

Hey, sorry for being AWOL for so long but that offer for you and your SO to come visit still stands anytime. Last fall was not good because of mourning.

Yeah I can imagine your home turf isn't exactly cruise control heaven, haha. That's what we have Saskatchewan for!

No worries bud, good to see you back on the forum! SO is now wife as of a couple of weeks ago, so we're busy planning honeymoon stuff and conserving vacation days for it - we're aiming to make it out to your island next summer!

Is it really worth shipping a car from Florida because it's red when there's a blue one right here in Worcester :hmm:

prizrak;n3550622 said:
Until I had the Subaru I didn't even think that manuals could have CC.

I found out last night that my GTI will keep cruise control on even if I press the clutch in and change gears. it only turns off if I switch it off or press the brakes.

CraigB;n3550547 said:
Ambulances, diesel trucks, etc. use two in parallel to get more amps for cranking/draw. Dad talks about hitting old diesel semi trucks with 24 volts to get them to crank fast enough to start easier.

I thought diesels were 24V + extra capacity of dual batteries.

93Flareside;n3550682 said:
I found out last night that my GTI will keep cruise control on even if I press the clutch in and change gears. it only turns off if I switch it off or press the brakes.

That's interesting, IIRC the Z would disengage CC when you clutch in. I should test the Stang and X

CC is one of my favourite ticket avoidance system. Set it at tolerated speed - margin X, and relax.

I use it in town on the highway, anywhere really.

I did a thing. Teaser coming in a few hours.

CraigB;n3550770 said:
Isn't the real teaser this post?

That was the pre-teaser.

This is the real teaser.

AwUL3RQ.jpg

Just brought it home, and now to take the Mustang to Boston for vacation. PYC in a week.

Reactions: TC
So CrzRsn and I are apparently related on some genetic level.

I also did a thing. Mine comes in August, though.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"366","width":"488","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/zzsZ7n1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Did one of those supercar driving experiences courtesy of the wife. Drove a Gallardo LP560-4, I no longer want a Lambo. It didn't feel nearly as fast as it actually is, actually felt slower than my Mustang in a straight line (I'm sure it was faster just didn't feel like it) it is also aparently for midgets with tiny feet because the pedal box is way too tight and the seat just does not go far enough back (I'm only 6' tall not exactly a giant)

Nabster;n3550781 said:
So CrzRsn and I are apparently related on some genetic level.

I also did a thing. Mine comes in August, though.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"366","width":"488","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/zzsZ7n1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Color blind? :p :tease:

Oooh, two mustangs back to back. Looking forward to the PYCs when the time comes. So excited for both ponies!

TC;n3550783 said:
Are Fords becoming the new MX-5 around here? :p

Nabster has always been all about Mustangs far as I can recall. CrzRsn is likely just getting the FiST for testing purposes being an engineer at Ford and all ;)

Crown Vics on the other hand are getting there lol

prizrak;n3550807 said:
Nabster has always been all about Mustangs far as I can recall. CrzRsn is likely just getting the FiST for testing purposes being an engineer at Ford and all ;)

Crown Vics on the other hand are getting there lol

Wut?

That bright green one I saw about a year ago in Detroit metro area. That’s yours, right?