Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

prizrak;n3550983 said:
FWD is sick and wrong and should be done away with!

anyone else who read this in trumps voice?

Last edited:
prizrak;n3550983 said:
FWD is sick and wrong and should be done away with!

People like Alec Issigonis, Timo Mäkinen, Rauno Aaltonen(I used to work for his legend!) and half the ppl in grF would disagree with you. But you know better, huh. ;)

Mitchi;n3550991 said:
It's perfect for constructing spaceous cars like the Fiesta while saving a bit of money in the process to do so

Sure, doesn't make it right ;)

bone;n3550992 said:

MDGA! (Make Driving Great Again)

Anesthesia;n3550993 said:
People like Alec Issigonis, Timo Mäkinen, Rauno Aaltonen(I used to work for his legend!) and half the ppl in grF would disagree with you. But you know better, huh. ;)

Appeal to authority doesn't work with me for one. A pro driver being able to drive a drivetrain layout well is in no way an endorsement of that layout for two.

Last edited:
bone;n3550992 said:

"I have to say a lot of people have been asking about FWD. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, "Why does FWD suck"? And I tell them look, we know why FWD sucks. We've had eighty years of the worst kind of layout you can imagine. Oh my god, I can't believe it. The wheels and the steering and the power. Its terrible. Its just terrible. Look, if you want to know what FWD is, do you want to know what FWD is? I'll tell you. First of all the front wheels, by the way I love the front wheels. they´re probably my favorite wheels, no they are my favorite wheels. You know what, they're probably more like the front wheels but placed at the back. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of wheels. Except for front-driven wheels, now those are wheels that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. they're nice wheels but they are ,like, understeering. going straight on and on, like that. They're weak! You know what I mean? They're very weak. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these wheels and we can power the front ones or the rears. ALL OF them even. Did you know that? We can power all of them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at powering all the wheels than me. You wouldn't believe it. That I can tell you. So, we're gonna be the best on FWD, believe me. OK? Alright. Thank you."

gaasc;n3551004 said:
"I have to say a lot of people have been asking about FWD. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, "Why does FWD suck"? And I tell them look, we know why FWD sucks. We've had eighty years of the worst kind of layout you can imagine. Oh my god, I can't believe it. The wheels and the steering and the power. Its terrible. Its just terrible. Look, if you want to know what FWD is, do you want to know what FWD is? I'll tell you. First of all the front wheels, by the way I love the front wheels. they´re probably my favorite wheels, no they are my favorite wheels. You know what, they're probably more like the front wheels but placed at the back. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of wheels. Except for front-driven wheels, now those are wheels that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. they're nice wheels but they are ,like, understeering. going straight on and on, like that. They're weak! You know what I mean? They're very weak. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these wheels and we can power the front ones or the rears. ALL OF them even. Did you know that? We can power all of them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at powering all the wheels than me. You wouldn't believe it. That I can tell you. So, we're gonna be the best on FWD, believe me. OK? Alright. Thank you."

I was laughing like a madman at this, have an imaginary +rep

That was brilliant. :lol:

gaasc;n3551004 said:

L-O-fucking-L!

hrwE3r1.png

Yeah, some days good enough is good enough.

Went on a tour of some of the nice driving roads upstate, stupidly forgot that I have to press "record" twice on my dash/action cam and didn't record the best parts :(

This looks like fun. Wish I were 10 years younger, I would give it a go.

Also love the team name. Sounds like a job I would love. :yes:

I was looking for a Galaxy/Sharan/Alhambra arm rest to go in the smart with this bracket, and stumbled across this:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"972","width":"970","src":"https:\/\/i.ebayimg.com\/images\/g\/nBkAAOSwLgNaeSkD\/s-l1600.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Seriously? There's no way you could drive with that shit on the wheel, it has to be a fake. :lol:

gaasc;n3551004 said:

Post of 2018 right there!

prizrak;n3551060 said:
Went on a tour of some of the nice driving roads upstate, stupidly forgot that I have to press "record" twice on my dash/action cam and didn't record the best parts :(

You left the city? Voluntarily?

for me it's more the other way around
"you went into the city? voluntarily?" :lol:

cities suck...

That's cuz you don't live in the only proper city on the planet ;) Everything outside of NYC might as well be a radioactive wasteland :p

Have a look at some old Soviet era cars in Moscow.

[video=youtube;O-MaWNRY5Co]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-MaWNRY5Co[/video]