Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Awhile ago (uh, November 2017) I bought a project car.

Finally getting around to projecting it.

I'll unveil it tomorrow.

Here's a hint:

I'll unveil it tomorrow.

Here's a hint:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/forums.finalgear.com\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​

EyeMWing;n3555216 said:

I'll unveil it tomorrow.

Here's a hint:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/forums.finalgear.com\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​

Image be broke!

And I just got rid of my POS project vehicle!

rdaGgbj.jpg

Works on my machine. Lets just go ahead and blame the forums.

Here's the teaser image again:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"1040","width":"780","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/FuxrXK4.jpg"}[/IMG2]

In a shocking turn of events it transpires that ignoring a pronounced bottom end knock for 6 years and 11,000 miles will not simply cause it to fix itself. Indeed a big end bearing may well attempt an escape at 65mph on the A74 just outside Lockerbie.

Iba4jbm.jpg

That's it! you're getting a 5-year old CR-V

captain_70s;n3555332 said:
In a shocking turn of events it transpires that ignoring a pronounced bottom end knock for 6 years and 11,000 miles will not simply cause it to fix itself. Indeed a big end bearing may well attempt an escape at 65mph on the A74 just outside Lockerbie.

Iba4jbm.jpg

Please tell us that you're going to finally scrap that POS and not dump another fortune in time or money into resurrecting that thing yet again?

Iba4jbm.jpg

What is it with Lockerbie and things blowing up?

Mandatory "LS Swap" comment.

Spectre;n3555348 said:
Please tell us that you're going to finally scrap that POS and not dump another fortune in time or money into resurrecting that thing yet again?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/USDC2Xs.gif"}[/IMG2]

Plans are already in place to pull the engine out at the side of the road outside my flat and drop in an identical one from a Mk4 Spitfire. Not only will I be fixing the car, but I will not be improving it in any way in the process.

captain_70s;n3555375 said:
USDC2Xs.gif

Plans are already in place to pull the engine out at the side of the road outside my flat and drop in an identical one from a Mk4 Spitfire.

"Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results." - Narcotics Anonymous

Dude, you need to get help.

captain_70s;n3555375 said:
USDC2Xs.gif

Plans are already in place to pull the engine out at the side of the road outside my flat and drop in an identical one from a Mk4 Spitfire.

Buy a W201, or a crappy E30. Buy the cheapest non-rusted Mazda 3 in the continent, follow Blind's suggestion, ANYTHING! Anything but resurrecting that thing.

Did I just witness somebody shoot themselves in the foot, sit down, and formulate a plan to do it again?

:tvhorror:

For your own sanity Cap, put a modern engine in it.

What else are you going to idiotically ignore this time around?
ignoring a pronounced bottom end knock for 6 years and 11,000 miles

captain_70s;n3555387 said:
It seems silly to scrap a car I've just fitted a new rotor arm to and recently lubricated the carburettor linkages on for something as trivial as an engine...

Dear UK FGers: Please dispatch some youths to burn this thing down and save captain70s from himself.

Labcoatguy;n3555389 said:
What else are you going to idiotically ignore this time around?

Bets on whether replacement engine also has knocking or other horrible problems he'll ignore as well?