Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Oh, man... You guys are going to love this...
This is a recent post from my neighbors on NextDoor:

0fAIyzh.jpg

ScarFace88;n3554147 said:
So my GTO randomly overheated yesterday... Let it cool down for about 20 minutes, then tried to limp it to my mechanic. I got about 3 or 4 blocks before the alert chime started back up. I then let it cool down for another 15-20 minutes and added about a liter or so of distilled water to the overflow tank. After I added the water, the car behaved perfectly fine, the temp gauge stayed at just below halfway. When my mechanic looked it over, he couldn't find a leak or anything wrong with it, the fans work and everything was intact.

Time to fit an OBDII datalogger.

NecroJoe;n3554154 said:

0fAIyzh.jpg

Time to buy a Suburban or used Excursion and shove their pressure tactics back in their face. :p Or just demand that people start buying motorcycles because cars are clearly too large for SF, even Dumb ForNobodies and FailAts.

Of course, it's amusing how people like this who attempt to dictate what other people buy despite their needs completely turn around and defend peoples' rights to defecate on the streets of San Fran, or leave piles of needles everywhere, or piss on your car. Then they wonder why the streets of SF are covered in feces, broken needles and puddles of urine. No, really, SF is now the fecal capital of the US. And these people would rather be concerned with what cars people drive instead of actual public health risks.

ScarFace88;n3554147 said:
So my GTO randomly overheated yesterday... Let it cool down for about 20 minutes, then tried to limp it to my mechanic. I got about 3 or 4 blocks before the alert chime started back up. I then let it cool down for another 15-20 minutes and added about a liter or so of distilled water to the overflow tank. After I added the water, the car behaved perfectly fine, the temp gauge stayed at just below halfway. When my mechanic looked it over, he couldn't find a leak or anything wrong with it, the fans work and everything was intact.

I had something similar happen with my Focus. The dealer was finally able to diagnose the problem, which was a tiny leak in the seam of the overflow tank (now known as a 'degas bottle'). Happened after the warranty expired, so I was out $146.25 for that problem.

ScarFace88 , I would replace the thermostat as a precaution. It is a cheap part that may be sticking randomly.

SquareLeft , Some epoxy should have fixed that tank right up. Where was your racing ingenuity when you needed it? :p

NecroJoe;n3554154 said:

Do you want me to bring my Impala 'round?

gaasc;n3554189 said:

What I found most hilarious how they were encouraging everyone else to buy smaller cars because it makes their life easier, and even pointed out two other people who did it...but never mentioned they did, or ever would...only that they would appreciate it if everyone else did.

NecroJoe;n3554154 said:

0fAIyzh.jpg

Fuck NextDoor. It’s for housewives with no friends.

NecroJoe;n3554154 said:
T'other week a woman who lives in my building accused me of running an unlicensed car trading business illegally on the basis of me having so many cars. She also complained I was taking up parking spaces and it was hard for residents to park despite the fact she neither has a car nor drives.

The really daft thing is that I use one car to go to work every day anyway and use both of them regularly, unlike several cars on my street which only move once or twice a month and often sit there illegally with no tax/MOT. They just aren't quite as noticeable as my own cars I suppose...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"533","width":"800","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/hPWW5UP.jpg"}[/IMG2]

gaasc;n3554189 said:

I'm gonna bring my X, the Stang and have my buddy drive his Durango over as well just to really fuck with that guy

prizrak;n3554228 said:
I'm gonna bring my X, the Stang and have my buddy drive his Durango over as well just to really fuck with that guy

I know someone who can rent us three Excursions for maximum effect. :D

Mopar announced they will be selling a 1,000 hp crate engine they are calling the "Hellephant".

Prepare to fork out at least $30,000(my estimate).

Now lets see if GM or Ford release something of their own in the 1,000 hp neighborhood.

NecroJoe;n3554154 said:

0fAIyzh.jpg

Awesome, I never thought my Panda would be a safety conscious purchase.

GRtak;n3554491 said:
Mopar announced they will be selling a 1,000 hp crate engine they are calling the "Hellephant".

Prepare to fork out at least $30,000(my estimate).

Now lets see if GM or Ford release something of their own in the 1,000 hp neighborhood.

There's cheaper ways to get 1,000 horsepower. A semi-local engine builder will build you a large cubic inch (555+) big block for half that.

Labcoatguy;n3554541 said:
Give me a shout-out when you get here.

I'm probably just staying long enough to strap the car down and hand the man some money.

It's also apparently in Worcester.

EyeMWing;n3554574 said:
I'm probably just staying long enough to strap the car down and hand the man some money.

It's also apparently in Worcester.

Gotcha, good luck with that then. Anything come up, drop me a PM and I should get notified.

Ford Focus RS is now 60000$ (before taxes) in Canada. What the actual fuck?

That's priced higher than a Mustang Bullit!

There was an unbelievable amount of time slip on todays road trip, including trying to buy diesel fuel for 2 hours in connecticut.

When I eventually found a station with diesel, it wasn't set up to be trailer friendly, so there was all of 1 pump I could get at and it meant the pump adjacent to it also had to be open. Inconsiderate dickbags kept parking at one or the other for 20 minutes until I got fed up, dropped the trailer, and then magically the entire station was empty with no customers.

It's unfair to bury this in the Cool Videos thread. Some may already have seen it but the new video from RCR features our very own equiraptor (and possibly Nugget, saw the 911 in the back of one shot). Driving a food truck.

[video=youtube;IcmbT34H-bQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcmbT34H-bQ[/video]