E30 S65 engine swap... plus twin turbo!! (56K beware)

MadCow809

Forum Addict
It's a project in Norway...S62 with two turbos in an E30 M3. Absolutely fucking mental. I love it.

original thread can be found here from s14.net

Bilde146.jpg

Bilde144.jpg

Bilde143.jpg

Bilde142.jpg

Bilde162.jpg

Img_03411.jpg

Img_03461.jpg

Bilde191.jpg

DSC_0848.jpg

DSC_0849.jpg

DSC_0856.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

Last edited:
When you said "S65" I was thinking the M-B V12 with the twin turbo...but damn, those snails are huge! Can anything fit into an E30? We've certainly seen enough projects of them.

:shock2: :driving: :burnrubber:

I forsee that thing exploding or killing the driver on its maiden speed test.

It's cool, but in that way you see a stripper with rediculously oversized implants. Fun to check out, but something i'd never wanna take home.

Have to wonder how good the weight balance will turn out in the end, nice project.

Unless they made that (V8 or V10) engine magically weigh the same as the original I4, then i'd reckon the weight balance will be quite off, and in order to balance it, they'd have to somehow shift or add weight to the back, which cannot be great for the handling.

i dunno, my gut instinct is to say DO NOT WANT. I'd admire it, but when it becomes a headache, i'd prefer it to be someone else's problem and responsibility.

Impressive!
Just a little correction: it's a S62.

Whoa, insanity of the highest order - amazing what you can cram into some engine bays...

super duper awesome... any idea at how many horses this thing has?

WANT! :w00t: :shock2: :clap:

That little E30 is going to be one hell of a car...

Impressive!
Just a little correction: it's a S62.

sorry my bad, thread title says S65 but I got it right in the thread, it's S62 not 65.

^:lol:
I guess we are even, I didn't saw the correct model in the thread. :p

The engine is sitting way too high, so the handling of this thing will need lots of work.

The bodyshell alone will need a huge amount of reinforcement (ie Not just a roll cage), and the suspension towers and other bit and pieces will all have to be heavily uprated if the car is being built to last.

them rims are really cool :thumbsup:

I love the car and love the motor, but I'm not sure it makes much sense considering it won't be able to get any of that power to the ground. I will give them credit on shoehorning that motor in there.