Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some more info: https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/09/...pa-record-lap/

- top speed (around spa): 359kmh
    - 8.49 MJ recovery instead of the allowed 6.37MJ, increasing output from 400 to 440 bhp
    - no fuel restriction on the ICE, pumping it up from 500bhp to 720 bhp
    - 53% more downforce
    - 63% more efficient (whatever they mean by that)
    - 39kg weight save

and they were limited by resources, give them some more funds, they'll make it even faster

what a car!

Comment

Viva la Targa!

"Anybody who accuses this of being a girl car, needs to get into a Miata or Fiata on a back road. This is the most fun you can have in a car - without a girl in it." - Jason Cammisa about the ND platform
      "Changing gear is a vital form of self-expression that I'm being denied." - Richard Hammond on the Gen 4 Clio RS
      "These cars remind us, what driving - and in a wider sense, what motoring is all about. It's about the sensation of controlling a machine - not the speed with which you cover ground." - Chris Harris on the Caterham Seven and the purity of driving

Comment

THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY
        "Deprogramming the masses since 1547"

"Jean Todt's system will never succeed, not even with Michael Schumacher" - Niki Lauda, 1995

Comment

Comment

Aw yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Final Gear around the world care package
            discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

SEASONED WHORE
              ?
              "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

Comment

Somewhere between carbage and awesome?

Jon Olsson's 680bhp G-wagon roofless beach cruiser, and no there is no roof whatsoever!

Last edited by jack_christie; June 28th, 2018, 12:02 AM.
                Team Black Jack

So, that's all good.

Comment

That's insane...

Flugplatz: 280 kph
                  Fuchsröhre: 320 kph
                  Lauda-Links: 305 kph
                  Mutkurve: 260 kph
                  Hohe Acht: 200 kph
                  On the short straight at Brünnchen they accelerated from 170 to 220 kph - that's not even 200 metres
                  Just before the jump hill at Pflanzgarten: 280 kph
                  Stefan-Bellof-S: more than 300 kph
                  If it had an 8th gear it would have easily cracked 400 kph at Döttinger Höhe, in 7th gear it topped out at 369 kph
                  Hohenrain-Schikane: 300 kph
                  Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

Don't think it would reach 400+ with an 8th gear (even with DRS upfront and back) as the ICE is at its limit, 700-750ish hp out of that 2 liter V4. It's perfectly geared for that, and on the slight incline at the Döttinger Höhe it already lost some speed because the electric juice cut out and the ICE couldn't hold the speed uphill... other than that, I am hard. as. rock.

Viva la Targa!

"Anybody who accuses this of being a girl car, needs to get into a Miata or Fiata on a back road. This is the most fun you can have in a car - without a girl in it." - Jason Cammisa about the ND platform
                    "Changing gear is a vital form of self-expression that I'm being denied." - Richard Hammond on the Gen 4 Clio RS
                    "These cars remind us, what driving - and in a wider sense, what motoring is all about. It's about the sensation of controlling a machine - not the speed with which you cover ground." - Chris Harris on the Caterham Seven and the purity of driving

Comment

Hoe. Lee. Shit.

I saw the headlines on that but it doesn't really register until you watch it. That dude must have a hard time walking, what with his balls getting in the way.

Pretty cool to see when the hybrid system kicks in. Normal hybrid street cars would be a lot cooler if they made spaceship noises like this thing!

Comment

Originally posted by 73GMCSprint View Post
                        Normal hybrid street cars would be a lot cooler if they made spaceship noises like this thing!
                        Well, straight-cut gears aren't really made for road use because of that noise, but feel free to place a gearbox with straight-cut gears in your hybrid street car.
                        Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

The sound of that 919 is pretty awesome. Makes the current F1 cars sound even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Eye-Q View Post
                            Well, straight-cut gears aren't really made for road use because of that noise, but feel free to place a gearbox with straight-cut gears in your hybrid street car.
                            It's more than that. You can pretty clearly hear the regen working under decel and braking, and the motor kick in for torque fill and boost on the straights. Though, yeah, I'm sure straight-cut gears probably help bring it out.

Comment

what's the "boost" indication next to the throttle/brake?
                              the MGU-H activating?

Comment

Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

Comment

Originally posted by ScarFace88 View Post
                                  That's one mean XJ-S. I talso looks like it's registered in Czech Republic, trashcan suggests Prague. Means I might get to see it with my own eyes if I'm lucky enough

Comment

The only thing I know about that car is that I really don't want to piss off the owner.

No trees were killed in the transmission of this message;
                                    but a stupendous number of photons and electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

https://www.airspacemag.com/military...gon-180969502/

Comment

Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

Comment

That's just weird enough to work. I wonder about the chassis/drivetrain setup?

Comment

Working...
                                          X