Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

^ Ugh, so, so many messed-up Lambos

Yeah. The Japanese have serious lack of taste..

And btw, I found an angle from which a white countach does NOT look good:
CountachAny-63.jpg

Yeah, the us spec countach is really ugly :X

believe it's a jaguar V12... that or a BMW

Thats not a BMW V12. The first german post-war V12 was already fuel injected. Incidentally it was the BMW M70.

I guess it's a Jag then. Can't think of any other carburated V12 that might be had for cheap.

It's been posted before - it's the 5.3L Jag V12. Junkyards practically give the things away. They made more than 250,000 of the things, so they're not exactly rare. Unusual and uncommon, but not rare.

He's repainted the cam covers and the timing cover. Can't tell if it's an HE or not. Not that it makes a difference, you can bolt carbs on either head design.

Last edited:
To get back to the japanese Lambos for a sec:

CountachQV-221.jpg

What the hell? I mean, what were they thinking?

It's rice. It's what they do.

Besides, it's not as bad as Murcielagos I've seen.

Well, maybe it is.

Thats not a BMW V12. The first german post-war V12 was already fuel injected. Incidentally it was the BMW M70.

I guess it's a Jag then. Can't think of any other carburated V12 that might be had for cheap.

While it's already been proven that is a jag v12 (it was on jalopnik). When that much custom work has been done, deciding if it's 1 companies engine or another based off of it having carbs or fuel injection isn't really going to work.

I don't think any production jags came with 6 webber down drafts.

No, but there's off the shelf manifolds and mounts for Weber DCOEs as they are a popular retrofit to E-Types. It's not that custom.

To get back to the japanese Lambos for a sec:

CountachQV-221.jpg

What the hell? I mean, what were they thinking?

That's just bad taste in wheels, though that's not as bad as it could be.

The headlight install makes it look like a Vector..

[YOUTUBE]XohBdgjdtgA[/YOUTUBE]

I nearly made a mess... What a Noise.

I guess if we can't get our V12 kicks from F1 any more, we'll have to go somewhere else (Aston Martin LeMans series P1 not withstanding :) )

Last edited:
Thread over. Go home everyone.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCJOEZO1lGA[/YOUTUBE]

http://img3.imageshack.**/img3/8126/headersoffireslsamg.jpg

Off the new Merc SLS AMG