Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

I think it is. That man has talent!

i disagree. Any Rover (even that insane MG Xpower thing) is by definition boring and thus un-awesome

Wow, using that theory the Audi R8, RS4, RS6 and S8 is an Audi, therefore boring an un-awesome too.

Rover V8's are cool old cars, stop taking everything Jezza says for gospel.

..and the Xpower was a pimped-out Mangusta anyway. And it was awesome.

i disagree. Any Rover (even that insane MG Xpower thing) is by definition boring and thus un-awesome

I disagree with that. Any car which has basically the same engine as a F1 car disables the badge's un-awesomeness completely. And the Rover V8 is basically the same beast as the 3-liter Repco V8 that won two World Championships in the back of Jack Brabham and Denny Hulme's cars.

^erm awesome fail detected... it's a ROVER

Sorry, NooDle, YOU FAIL.

That Rover IS awesome (apart from the really shitty headlight treatment, AND the front Spoiler, AND the alloys, AND the Roof)

OK it isn't awesome . .. BUT

The SD1 was ace, The SD1 Vitesse was acer and the SD1 Vitesse twin plenum was acest.

Any tuned versions must be so ace that adjectives cant describe them.

My Dad had a twin plenum Vitesse (Black, E888YYO just in case it's still out there).

Coming back from Windemere at night on the M6, my mum got pissed off at a Sierra 2.0i who cut her up going into some roadworks. So when the roadworks finished, she gave it the full berries in 2nd, 3rd & 4th and blasted past him.

My dad was asleep in the passenger seat but I sneaked a look over my mum's shoulder to see an indicated 110MPH.

I think my mum forgot she was towing the 16ft speedboat at the time.

ROVER SD1s (and my mum) ARE AWESOME :)

Last edited:
Sorry, NooDle, YOU FAIL.

That Rover IS awesome (apart from the really shitty headlight treatment, AND the front Spoiler, AND the alloys, AND the Roof)

Coming back from Windemere at night on the M6, my mum got pissed off at a Sierra 2.0i who cut her up going into some roadworks. So when the roadworks finished, she gave it the full berries in 2nd, 3rd & 4th and blasted past him.

My dad was asleep in the passenger seat but I sneaked a look over my mum's shoulder to see an indicated 110MPH.

I think my mum forgot she was towing the 16ft speedboat at the time.

ROVER SD1s (and my mum) ARE AWESOME :)

:D

Oh yeah, the rims & the front splitter& roof colour are bad choices, but those headlights are a Morette kit. Very popular in the 80's they were used a lot in motorsport, because you could easily swap out different beams/ etc. which would be difficult with stock headlight housings. Definately not carbage, but functonal, and (I think) good looking.:)

A neighbour down the road has one that's still used as a daily driver. Still looks very cool after all these years.

Don't they used to race these rather successfully?

you're all wrong. I think any Rover, even an SD1 with a Lambo engine, is still fail.

^Blasphemy. Burn him! :x

Not only that, but Vinnie Jones smashed a guys head with the door of a V8 P6 in Lock Stock. That made a cool car awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3PXtgcQiIA&feature=PlayList&p=ADB1C21D506A8E82&index=11&fmt=18[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4AattlzskA[/YOUTUBE]

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiEC2_6jyvU[/YOUTUBE]

BEEEEEP! Wrong answer.

This

101-rover-sd1.jpg

in V8 trim, has basically the same engine as...

THIS!

1967%20brabham%20BT19.jpg

Which makes it automatically uber-cool.

Thats actually a HUGE misconceptions. First they started with a Buick 215 (which is superior to the Rover unit), and used it to base measurements off of, and then tossed it aside and started from scratch.

21kzg60.jpg

What years were those sold anyhow? They do have some odd appeal to me, both visually and obviously the mechanical bits.