Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

Not anymore. These days the number indicates how powerful the car is. For instance there's T3 (4cyl), T4 (4cyl), T5 (4cyl) and T6 (6cyl) models for the S60. T3 being the smallest and T6 being the biggest and most powerful engine.

First the German cars don't have the displacements that their names suggest, and now Volvos don't have the number of cylinders that their names suggest.

The cars are awesome, my commentary is meh.

The Ferrari was all serious with a very race car-ish setup, but the Lambo made me high on life. I hope my passenger wasn't terribly annoyed with my giddyness. That car accelerates like nothing I've ever driven, nor like anything I'm likely to drive again. It was like a Miata with a proper engine. Ironically I felt it was better balanced than the Scud.

The cars are awesome, my commentary is meh.

The Ferrari was all serious with a very race car-ish setup, but the Lambo made me high on life. I hope my passenger wasn't terribly annoyed with my giddyness. That car accelerates like nothing I've ever driven, nor like anything I'm likely to drive again. It was like a Miata with a proper engine. Ironically I felt it was better balanced than the Scud.
How you get those track day rides? I'm curious (and jealous)

How you get those track day rides? I'm curious (and jealous)

I got hired to instruct in these cars for 4 days. Occasionally we did instructor drive-arounds for clients. It was a really fun time and I loved it.

The company that ran the event is called Imagine Lifestyles.

Really?

I did not expect that.

Aaaaw.... I thought that exploded view depicted an integrated mixer at the bottom of the mug. :(

This demands a matching mug tree in the form of an F1 starting grid.

Historic rally goodness...

also here is a really interesting article about the external combustion chambers that prodrive used on the WRC Impreza's and how it has been adapted to a street car Link

teaser vid

Anyone knows how those wheels are called? I see them on alot of Japanese cars.

And apparently it is. An Autoart 1:18 scale model. But unfortunately I can't find much info about it other than these images.

It you look at the license plates of that with this, it matches. But I got to ask, how on earth did you call that? :blink:

Anyone knows how those wheels are called? I see them on alot of Japanese cars.

It's in the filename, Watanabe Racing Wheels