Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

I finally found a medium to transfer my pics from iphone to interweb again. and perhaps time. anyway.
The other day at work, three sexy cars pulled up. (no pics sorry). Then I got handed the keys to hang on to for a while.
20gbcqu.jpg

This was a pretty awesome moment so I thought I'd share it here.
(Lambo Aventador was bright green, swiss registered, Fezza 458 and Merc GTS had southern german plates).

edit: After looking at this pic on a bigger screen it is remarkable how audi-ish the lambo key looks. how pedestrian the merc key. and how flamboyant in contrast the fezza key.

Last edited:
He gets a speed warning, he talks about it around 12:40 in.

Is it a good idea to post videos of you essentially not driving when the Florida law still(?) limits autonomous vehicle operation to manufacturers' designated testers (unless Tesla has managed to convince them that all customers are testers). Especially when it seems to violate one of the key requirements:
(1) An autonomous vehicle registered in this state must continue to meet federal standards and regulations for a motor vehicle. The vehicle shall:
(d) Be capable of being operated in compliance with the applicable traffic and motor vehicle laws of this state.
Well, I suppose it is capable of being operated in compliance with the laws, if it's actively controlled by a human operator.

Is it a good idea to post videos of you essentially not driving when the Florida law still(?) limits autonomous vehicle operation to manufacturers' designated testers (unless Tesla has managed to convince them that all customers are testers). Especially when it seems to violate one of the key requirements:
Well, I suppose it is capable of being operated in compliance with the laws, if it's actively controlled by a human operator.
Dear lord, that guy is an outlaw! A maniac!

I don't know what the implications would be, but it is still very cool. makes me want an X even more.

Ford has introduced a new (rather pricey) optional extra for the Fiesta and Focus today :lol:

8llnaaU.png

Mkc0Pow.png

Last edited:
Damn it Ford! Now the North Koreans will be able to afford time travel. The world as we know it is over.

Damn it Ford! Now the North Koreans Libyans will be able to afford time travel. The world as we know it is over.

FTFY

They just wanted a nuke. Time travel would be a terrible thing for terrorists to get hold of.

Or the link between Toyota Mirai and BTTF?

Dear lord, that guy is an outlaw! A maniac!

Car is driven by itself??? Witchcraft! Burn the heretics! :lol:

Funny thing is, there are plenty of people who sit in the "racer" position, and have both hands on "proper points" of the wheel... and yet, they manage to wrap around the pole in a single corner.

That reminds me of AMC Eagle. 'xept Eagle was lookin classy.:cool: Also, lol, Frontera's bullbar.

Damn it Ford! Now the North Koreans will be able to afford time travel. The world as we know it is over.

Makes sense, with the time you need to reach 88 mph in 1.0 fiesta, you'll have to actually travel yesterday to get there in time. Speakin of Focus... we'll need ES44 unit pushin it downhill to the abandoned ravine (and fuck the time-travel).

That's the proper walking for a huntin dog. I mean it's nice to get old cars preserved for the sake of good'ol simplicity, but dents, scratches and bumps are to be taken.

On the random note of "awesome" i fancy thoose new matrix adaptive fullbeams

I think we all knew LEDs would takeover stupid HIDs, but that's just awesome correction system. Better yet, you need never ever turn fullbeams off.

Last edited:
On the random note of "awesome" i fancy thoose new matrix adaptive fullbeams

I think we all knew LEDs would takeover stupid HIDs, but that's just awesome correction system. Better yet, you need never ever turn fullbeams off.

I've been driving a bunch of Fords with those headlights recently. Its an awesome technology. Highbeam everywhere, but on other cars.