Traffic violations in Europe

That's weird to me - why set the to-be-fined-if-exceeding-limit at X if after-deduction-measurements of >X aren't fined?
Getting pulled over is different, sure... but you didn't get pulled over in Italy, you triggered a speed trap.

Holy cow Narf, how did you manage to extract all that information from that image? I pretty much saw only pixelated blurs! It took me a bit to identify all the pieces Great work! Also, you're too german... the 5% bonus is to avoid continuous controversies in court, which the administration could win or lose (and they don't want to even risk losing, as this would mean losing money). So they put the 5% reduction on the -real- measured speed, basically giving you twice as many possibilities to avoid it (speedometers are quite optimists).

Anyway, what I could get is basically what Narf found out: 41 is the minimum amount you can pay for speeding, and it applies between n +1 and +10 kph AFTER the 5% (minimum 5 kph) reduction. So 94 -after the reduction means 99(-0+0,5) before the reduction (5% should be 98,95, so 5kph applies). This also means your speedometer was at something like 105-110 kph.

The place is a narrow, very busy dual carriageway with no emergency lane, no room outside the lanes. Most importantly, that road is rightly considered dangerous and police is quite strict with the speed limits there. Knowing that road, that road is bad even for italian standards.

Since the car was a rent, they sent it to the rental company which sent it to you.

I can't tell you the exact terms of payment, though, as the picture makes the document unreadable.

<CSI>Enhance!

OA0mmfx.jpg

</CSI>

How on earth did you get that?

Open the thumbnail's URL, copy file ID, paste into the imgur URL of a different full image.

Good to know! Thanks!

LOL, my turn, different country (Germany).

Sixt sent me a letter with the police documentation from Karlsruhe that I was 6 kph over—86 kph in an 80 kph zone. The fine's only 10 euros, but Sixt's administration fee is 25 euros.

Boo middlemen, to all of this. Just send me the damn ticket.
So...I never got this ticket. Did Sixt just pay it, and it got lost in the translation-to-USD on my bank statement, or what?

So...I never got this ticket. Did Sixt just pay it, and it got lost in the translation-to-USD on my bank statement, or what?
It's plausible that they paid it with your money, yeah. You can see fines in your sixt account, btw.

Speaking of, what exactly is the process for foreigners in Switzerland? Its not a goal to get a traffic fine but, it seems inevitable with the way people talk about it. It won't be a rental but most likely a car owned by a forum member

If there are actual police to clock you, it's pay on site. Don't know about cameras, I've enjoyed 6 trips through the lovely Swiss countryside without fines.

i would say get a one month subscription to coyote systems
but it's switserland...if there is one country you don't want to get caught with one of those...

i heard about stories of cars being impounded because there was a device like that in the luggage, in the trunk!

Speaking of, what exactly is the process for foreigners in Switzerland? Its not a goal to get a traffic fine but, it seems inevitable with the way people talk about it. It won't be a rental but most likely a car owned by a forum member
I have never gotten a ticket in Switzerland, 2 or 4 wheels, not harder to respect the limits there than any other country...

LeVeL since you are planning a trip to Ukania and renting a car...

Firstly most of our speed cameras are painted bright yellow, and there is usually a warning sign they are there before you get to them.

speed-camera-243359.jpg
speed_camera_3138688b.jpg

Secondly as long as you have a decent data package download WAZE (other free satnav apps are available). It's Google Maps driven and gives handy verbal warning for both fixed cameras and manned mobile speed traps.

I have never gotten a ticket in Switzerland, 2 or 4 wheels, not harder to respect the limits there than any other country...
And probably should pay even more attention if someone is doing you the courtesy of lending you a car....

And probably should pay even more attention if someone is doing you the courtesy of lending you a car....

Of fucking course.

Snarky snarky

It's plausible that they paid it with your money, yeah. You can see fines in your sixt account, btw.
Interesting. (I don't know if I remember my account information.)