Assembly line videos

Really? Family?

It's fascinating to see the fhe first few minutes, that level of mechanical automization and large flow being possible without computer assistance. But it does look a bit like an accident waiting to happen at 3:30 with people and machines so close.

One is family, the other is friend of family.

Let's also have a look at a Great Wall plant. In Bulgaria. I had no idea chinese manufacturers already had set up shop in Europe, even though the video is of pre-production (and the process seems oddly cumbersome, like the dashboard assembly).

I love the high tech template used to align the badges.

[video=youtube;LxN7d69lq-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxN7d69lq-k[/video]
[video=youtube;-gZamWsfaIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gZamWsfaIQ[/video]

Last edited:
^ Again I'm sorry for my Germanness in this matter but I cannot take those peoples ability to assemble a Jeep seriously when they loaf around in their own clothes like it's some sort of daycare. Someone give them proper uniforms! Note to Chrysler: That means you wash them. Line features the quite unique 45-degree sideways station though, you don't see that often.

Now we need to go to the antithesis of everything above, Morgan.

Uniforms: Yes
Just in time: Yes, for work.
Cycle time: Depends on how far away you live. Or you can walk or drive.
Robots: What?
Genuine masters: Yes.

Last edited:
Its interesting seeing all these videos of other plants. When I first started this thread 4 years ago, I never imagined that I'd be working in one.

I'm out on that floor almost every day, and watching the process never gets old.

This plant used to build back in the 50s, and I find it awesome that they stopped the line to do this a few years ago

I love the high tech template used to align the badges.

Why not? If it works, why spend a ton of money on some fancy machine? :dunno:

Last edited:
Moar vintage Ladas !

Lada factory in 1984.

[video=youtube;9ha2JJf-9Js]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ha2JJf-9Js[/video]

Lada factory from 1966 to 2011.

2CV production in Mangualde, Portugal in 1990. Those doors just slide on, htf do they work.

[video=youtube;I3-eYNAgKWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3-eYNAgKWI[/video]

Last edited:
2CV production in Mangualde, Portugal in 1990. Those doors just slide on, htf do they work.

[video=youtube;I3-eYNAgKWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3-eYNAgKWI[/video]

o_O

Seat speedrun. The Martorell factory outside Barcelona churns out 2000 a day, which is alot.

I like it when they keep a straight face while describing a pickup truck with the words "luxury vehicle". :lol:

I'd argue that a F series platinum or king ranch is pretty luxurious, especially the latter with it's exclusive choice of leather and other materials.

Only disappointment IMO is the hard touch dash and door trim (which IMO is not befitting of a luxury vehicle: the Dodge and GM products do far better here) but a lot of luxo truck buyers would argue for a harder wearing interior.

Well, I've never driven a luxo-barge pickup truck, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Especially since luxury in so many cases is in the eye of the beholder.

I know not everyone's into pickup trucks, but...

Oh hey! I spent my first 3 weeks at Ford working on that line.

I like it when they keep a straight face while describing a pickup truck with the words "luxury vehicle". :lol:

I'd be willing to bet a fully loaded F150 Platinum is probably better equipped and more comfortable than a partially loaded BMW 3er or base 5er.

Last edited:
Hopefully one of these will be parked in my garage soon :drool:

Oh hey! I spent my first 3 weeks at Ford working on that line.

I'd be willing to bet a fully loaded F150 Platinum is probably better equipped and more comfortable than a partially loaded BMW 3er or base 5er.

Whenever I see factory videos from the States, I really wish they had a uniform for the workers. The import manufacturers make their factories look so much more put together :lol:

No doubt. Although, neither of these are generally considered luxury cars. :p

No doubt. Although, neither of these are generally considered luxury cars. :p
In America all BMWs are luxury cars. I meant our base models, not Europe's totally stripped ones.

Whenever I see factory videos from the States, I really wish they had a uniform for the workers. The import manufacturers make their factories look so much more put together :lol:

This. It looks so haphazard when people trundle about in whatever they fancy. It's like they're at some sort of adult kindergarden, not work. Factory work requires uniforms! Back at Pininfarina we had three uniforms, one for each factory, suitable for the different conditions in which we worked. The rented staff also had their own uniforms except in the paintshop.

Last edited: