The Top 25 Cars of Final Gear (entrance thread)

Well, since Starfox is still ignoring his thread, I'll take some action.

If you want to enter, get your car posted in the next 24 hours or else.

I'll then gather the entries and open the voting. I propose that you vote like this.
I'm giving people the ability to vote for up to 25 of their favourites, but you can vote for fewer if you'd like.

Top favourites (five points):

1. darkshark0159 (obviously)

Group 2 (four points):

Group 3 (three points):

Group 4: (two points):

Group 5: (one point)

Starfox is free to take charge, but until then.....

No offense, but your method seems horribly convoluted; a person can dole out essentially 75 points. Not to mention, with say, 50 people voting, that's really a bit ridiculous to keep track of. You will run into an issue with popular cars repeatedly getting in peoples' top 5's and earning 5 points for each, which will end up with the popular group all tying for first with the same number of points. Top ## lists with ties are stupid.

Why not just have everyone vote for say, 5 cars they like, their own top five if you will. 5 points to their top car, 4 points for their second favorite and so on for their top five. Yes, it forces them to actually rank the cars instead of saying "here's my favorites in no order" but that really defeats the purpose of the whole ranking system anyway. That's 15 points per person and a much less chance for tying.

Perhaps I'm taking this a bit too seriously, but as I said, arbitrary 'Top ##' lists annoy me to no end.

No offense, but your method seems horribly convoluted; a person can dole out essentially 75 points. Not to mention, with say, 50 people voting, that's really a bit ridiculous to keep track of. You will run into an issue with popular cars repeatedly getting in peoples' top 5's and earning 5 points for each, which will end up with the popular group all tying for first with the same number of points. Top ## lists with ties are stupid.

Why not just have everyone vote for say, 5 cars they like, their own top five if you will. 5 points to their top car, 4 points for their second favorite and so on for their top five. Yes, it forces them to actually rank the cars instead of saying "here's my favorites in no order" but that really defeats the purpose of the whole ranking system anyway. That's 15 points per person and a much less chance for tying.

Perhaps I'm taking this a bit too seriously, but as I said, arbitrary 'Top ##' lists annoy me to no end.

I cannot disagree with you more. Here are some of my thoughts behind my system:

A) I'm sticking to the original premise of the thread.

B) I'll tally the votes in a spreadsheet. I've done this sort of thing before and it isn't a terrible pain.

C) Less popular cars will also be able to be ranked which makes things more fun.

D) For me at least, narrowing it down to just five in order is just ridiculous. I can hardly narrow it down to 25, let alone 5.

E) Some people on here have near the same car. I want to be able to vote for them both. That's only fair.

Perhaps we can come to an agreement and devise a compromise system.

Up to 25 votes, in order 1-25, the highest gets 25 points, the second 24 points, etc.

Last edited:
Best method:

Make new thread, take pictures of cars and put with them the owner and model, with a poll having the owner's name and the car's model as well as the number with them.

Hmm, if only I could enter both. I'll enter my 1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo:

Side%20(Home).jpg

Front%202.jpg

Rear%20Angle.jpg

Falken.jpg

Wheel.jpg

Best method:

Make new thread, take pictures of cars and put with them the owner and model, with a poll having the owner's name and the car's model as well as the number with them.

To be honest, that is the worst idea of them all. Ignoring everything else, people would be able to see how many votes the cars had already received before making up their own mind.

Sorry, been on vacation. Mods can close thread, will make a voting thread now, I think we have a large enough selection.