Top 25 Cars of Final Gear (Contestants/Voting Thread)

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
The format for voting will follow as such:

#1-10: 10-1 points
------------------
#11-20: 0.5 points
#21-25: 0.25 points

With this method, voters will not be forced to individually rank their lower ranking selections but more or less group them into low or lower.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contestants:
1. Starfox07 - 1984 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE
2. JipJopJones - 1977 Jeep CJ5
3. Crazyjeeper - 1985 Jeep CJ7 Renegade
4. ESPNSTI - 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI USDM.
5. A.Fonz - 1979 Jaguar XJ5.3 V12
6. Nabster - 1969 Mustang Coupe
7. Stumpy - 2004 MazdaSpeed Miata
8. MXM - 19XX Caterham 7 (wrecked if it matters)
9. public - 1991 Mazda 323F
10. Adunaphel - 1990 Mercedes-Benz W201 190E 2.0
11. Vette Boss - 2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T
12. GerFix - 2008 BMW M3 (E92)
13. Greatgraddage - 198X Peugeot 205 GTI
14. Beni - 1979 Fiat X1/9
15. sifu - 199X Ford Mondeo
16. Tobias - 2006 Honda S2000
17. MattD1zzl3 - 1979 Camaro Z28
18. airmenair - 1967 Mustang Coupe
19. AarheadC - 2001 BMW Z3 Coupe
20. TechZ - 2008 Audi TT
21. Quadrax - 199X Nissan S14 (200sx/240sx)
22. _HighVoltage_ - 1994 Volvo 850
23. killpanda - 2006 Ford Fiesta S TDci
24. WellsieTRD - 1989 Toyota Hilux Surf SSRX 2.4L turbo diesel
25. Zesty - 2005 Honda Jazz VTi-S
26. Labcoatguy - 1999 Jaguar XJR
27. tranceporter - 2008 VW GTI
28. IceBone - 1997 A4 1.8
29. Austere - 1971 Mercedes-Benz 280S
30. WillDAQ - XXXX Smart Roadster Coupe
31. Nocturnal - 1991 Mazda MX5 NA6CE
32. Bubs360 - 1984 Vanagon
33. darkshark0159 - 2001 Mercedes-Benz C240
34. Der Stig - 2004 BMW 330i
35. Arctor - 1990 Porsche 928GT
36. corradoboy - 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
37. Spectre - 1987 XJ6
38. SL65 - 1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
39. Svempa - 198X Lancia Delta HF Integrale
40. Misrabelle - 200X Ford Falcon BA XR6
41. Gingertom - 200X Ford Fiesta Zetec S
42. dinp - 2008 Fiesta Zetec-S
43. nouseferaname90 - 200X Acura TSX
44. cxo - 1974 Jaguar XJ12 5.3L-V12
45. Magnet - 200X BMW 328Ci
46. Polygon - 1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
47. (by my addition :D) mancs - Lada 2107
48. (another by my addition) Argatoga - 1978 MG Midget

Clicking the number in front of the car will bring you to the original post in the entrance thread containing the car. I have emboldened those that I feel have been modified in such a way as to warrant a second look. (ie heavily modified)

PM me your top 25 with the NUMBER of the car (according to my list here) in descending order from 1-25.

Example:

#1:32
#2:12
#3:17
#24:18
#25:1

This will make it easiest to tally the scores.

Last edited:
Are we supposed to vote for ourselves' car?

What if you can only come up with seven cars that you think are worth voting for? I could probably pad the list out to ten but... I'm sure as hell not coming up with 25. Who could be arsed sitting here trying decide which is better between a Honda Jazz and a Ford Falcon?

In addition to that, I love to be harsh but MXM doesn't own a Lotus 7; He owns a pile of broken pieces of metal that happen to be painted the same shade of orange as the Lotus 7 he used to own. I can't help but feel that wrecked exotics should be disallowed in the interests of fairness towards those of us who have driven sensibly to avoid wrecking our exotics. Also, he'll get pity votes... and let's face it, he's obviously the only thing standing between some of us and the crown.

Also, where is this crown we keep hearing about? I want to see it... I'm starting to think there isn't one.

EDIT:
Are we supposed to vote for ourselves' car?

You can if you like, it won't skew results too badly the way I set it up.

OK, I can pad it out to 11 now.

Last edited:
What if you can only come up with seven cars that you think are worth voting for? I could probably pad the list out to ten but... I'm sure as hell not coming up with 25. Who could be arsed sitting here trying decide which is better between a Honda Jazz and a Ford Falcon?

In addition to that, I love to be harsh but MXM doesn't own a Lotus 7; He owns a pile of broken pieces of metal that happen to be painted the same shade of orange as the Lotus 7 he used to own. I can't help but feel that wrecked exotics should be disallowed in the interests of fairness towards those of us who have driven sensibly to avoid wrecking our exotics. Also, he'll get pity votes... and let's face it, he's obviously the only thing standing between some of us and the crown.

Also, where is this crown we keep hearing about? I want to see it... I'm starting to think there isn't one.

EDIT:

OK, I can pad it out to 11 now.

Well obviously you don't have to vote for MXM's car, but it is clearly stated in the list that its wrecked :lol:

If you can't 'be arsed' as you say, to vote for more than 7, don't feel like you need to. It won't really matter in the end. Its just an addition of points...

Also, what are you talking about with the crown?

No one is forcing you to vote for 25 cars. You can vote for one car and it still works. That's just lazy though. As for determining which "lowly" car is better than another, you don't have to with starfox's scheme.

With this method, voters will not be forced to individually rank their lower ranking selections but more or less group them into low or lower.

And if you don't know that a Ford Falcon is better than a Honda Jazz, then you probably shouldn't be voting... :p (no offence Zesty!)

Last edited:
If you can't 'be arsed' as you say, to vote for more than 7, don't feel like you need to. It won't really matter in the end. Its just an addition of points...
Cool! I'll probably just vote for 10 or so.:thumbup:

Also, what are you talking about with the crown?
I knew the crown was lie!

Also, disregard that bit about the crown because I was just joking around and poking fun at myself for my word usage.:cool:

is this one ok?

crown.jpg

:lol:

The winner will have it photoshopped onto their avatar. Yes, its mandatory.

Last edited:
And if you don't know that a Ford Falcon is better than a Honda Jazz, then you probably shouldn't be voting... :p (no offence Zesty!)

S'right. I entered my car as a joke! :whistle:

Last edited:
Why are some numbers bolded and some not? It's an evil plot i tells ya, to influence votes away from the real cool cars!
EDIT I need some reading skillz it seems.

BUT IT'S STILL A CONSPIRACY I TELLS YA!
tinfoil-hat1.jpg

Last edited:
The winner will have it photoshopped onto their avatar. Yes, its mandatory.
ofa7w3.jpg

EDIT: How long will voting be open? I'll be away tonight and most of tomorrow so I'd like to vote when I get back so that I can give it my full attention - I've just had my dinner and I'm about to jump in the shower. I'll be back, like, 24 hours from now at the most, probably.

Anyway; later, peeps. :wave:

Last edited:
A while. lol

In addition to that, I love to be harsh but MXM doesn't own a Lotus 7; He owns a pile of broken pieces of metal that happen to be painted the same shade of orange as the Lotus 7 he used to own.

All the hate :( I bet you were the one who negrepped me when I posted the picture of the accident too...

And there's a difference between crashed and wrecked, the 7 is repairable and will be repaired, eventually.

I can't help but feel that wrecked exotics should be disallowed in the interests of fairness towards those of us who have driven sensibly to avoid wrecking our exotics. Also, he'll get pity votes...

Ok, so you think I'm some kind of reckless idiot who doesn't respect the classics? Because sensible people never crash?

What can I say, the car was made to be driven, and after spending all my money on a perfect driver's car in my view, there was no bloody way it'd be cruised around in, like one would, say, in a classic Merc. A perfect day, a perfect road, no residential areas, zero traffic - yes, I was enjoying it as much as I could. I made a bad judgment, and believe me, I'm still paying through the nose for that mistake.

But that's all off topic, as far as competition is concerned, starfox07 can remove the car from the list or from final standings, I wouldn't mind. Obviously the car is off the road at the moment, and in larger scale of things, this contest (or someone's opinion about me) is quite far down in my priority list right now.

At least he was honest about wrecking it on the forum.

Stuff happens!

I think people are way to concerned about MXM's accident....

I've just had my dinner and I'm about to jump in the shower.
You shouldn't shower right after eating, it'll give you indigestion.

Oh... PM' my top 20 too, couldn't "be arsed" for the last 5.

Representin' my brothers with more than 8 cylinders!

I'm going to have to think about this. I'll vote a bit later.