Boulder destroys Toyota Yaris

Gingertom

Car(s)
'04 Skoda Octavia vRS
From Yahoo news
Five-tonne boulder falls on car

The owner of this Yaris had a lucky escape when a huge boulder landed on it, writing it off completely.

The rock, estimated at up to five-tonnes in weight, fell onto the parked Toyota from a transporter lorry as it drove past.

Thankfully the car's owner, Joan Hall, was on an errand when the incident occurred. It was on her return from the local Post Office in Hayfield, Derbyshire, that a neighbour broke the news to her.

Adam Chatterton, who took the picture, was near the scene when he said he ?heard a massive bang.?

The boulder proved so heavy, in fact, that the crane trying to remove it dropped it back onto the car at the first attempt.

Speaking to the BBC, Mrs. Hall said: ?I've had a lot of things happen in my life and this is actually a minor one. I'm going to write a book one of these days.?

Mark Nichol

2398861447-eight-tonne-boulder-falls-car.jpg

I say leave it as an art exhibition

See! Act of God. Even (S)He hates the Yaris. :grin:

That's what he gets for being illegally parked.

"All I did was say to my wife, That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah!"

He did it AGAIN!

Ok, seriosuly: HOW? Reckless boulder removing service?

Careless Air expands it's service into boulders. :O

Stop that. Stop it, will you stop that. Now look, no one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle. *Even*...and I want to make this absolutely clear...*even* if they *do* say "Jehovah."

Hey, didn?t Al Gore tell us that Nature would strike back by trying to drown and cook us? HE SAID NOTHING ABOUT BOULDERS!

It didn't smash a gas guzzler, it smashed a cute tiny frugal city car. Can't be Al Gore's pebble then.

Oh if only there was a "Beware of falling rocks" sign he could have saved it.

"Sir, a huge boulder fell onto a parked Toyota Yaris."
"Well, looks like Toyota got itself ---
--- One rocky situation."

YEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

csi_miami_david_caruso_240.jpg

So that's why they told my friend they'd lost his boulder delivery. He had ordered some boulders for his trebuchet. :p

About 3 miles from where I live. My brother insists it didn't come from the quarry he works at.

Its natures way of stopping Toyotas from unintended acceleration and from tipping over while skidding.

Speaking of Toyota's rock solid reliability........:drums: