Dreaded cyclists

Exhibit A for why bicyclists should wear safety gear like motorcyclists.

Also perfect example of why they should be registering their vehicle and displaying license plates.

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand.... If they are wrapped in bubblewrap they should do less damage to your car when they inevitably smash into it.

Basicly it's one less cyclist or one less dent....

Can always pull out a dent, but a dead cyclist is priceless :D

Also perfect example of why they should be registering their vehicle and displaying license plates.

Yup, because that was a hit and run with property damage and personal injury. I bet the police will be able to figure out who he is from that video... oh, wait, it was a man wearing a hood and the image wasn't that good, yeah, good luck with tracking the guy down without a license plate.

Last edited:
Yup, because that was a hit and run with property damage and personal injury. I bet the police will be able to figure out who he is from that video... oh, wait, it was a man wearing a hood and the image wasn't that good, yeah, good luck with tracking the guy down without a license plate.
Do big city cops in Europe actually try to investigate stuff like this?

Do big city cops in Europe actually try to investigate stuff like this?

We have been assured by Germans on this very thread that in similar situations the German police will easily be able to track down the guilty party from the description without need for a license plate. I suppose they have the appearance of literally everyone who could possibly ever enter their patrol area memorized. :rolleyes: One presumes that other Euro cops might have similar capabilities.

Assuming we weren't lied to or something. :p

In reality, I believe the answer to be, "No, they don't because trying to track down a bicyclist is all but impossible once they have fled the scene." So anyone who is injured or suffers property damage at their hands is pretty much boned.

Last edited:
This, x 1000!

RANT! RANT! RANT!

Another vote for rant here, pleeeeeeeaaaaaseeee
Even if easily identifiable, most US city cops can't be bothered with such minor nonsense.
Presumably if there is a plate there is insurance though and insurance will absolutely pursue this. As an example a friend's car was backed up into while parked just recently causing some hood and grille damage (enough that he likely getting a new hood and grille). This was recorded by someone and plate was visible well enough, his insurance company had the dude's insurance info in a matter of hours.

Last edited:
Alright, (hey, y'all asked for it) let me explain to you what happens when you call Belgiums finest trying to report a 'minor' crime such as getting run over by a cyclist, if you are really lucky and it's a slow night, they are bored and not currently eating they might send someone out, but don't count on it, in most cases, you will be asked to report to the police office where someone who is barely literate and looks very bored will take your statement and write what amounts to a 3de grade essay about it on a 30 year old computer, which he will have you sign, fling in a filing cabinet and give you a copy 'for the insurance'..... that is the very last you will hear of that, whatever that was.

I can't remember ever hearing a single story about one of these cases getting 'solved', hit and runs by cars have a higher solve rate, they tend to find those easier, probably as they are used to singling car drivers out as criminals anyway, +license plates obviously, I got them coming around my place once to, looking for 'a big blue truck' involved in a hit and run.....when they caught the guy it turned out to be a red Suzuki Samurai, but that's another story.
A cyclist? Forget about it, arrest one of those for something like we saw in the video? Even if they did have the 'amazing skills' HAHAHAHAHA.

It would be so rare it WOULD hit the press. And every lycrawanking cyclist activist group would be up in arms, especially if the hit and run was on a car for example, "look, we know our member run a red light on the wrong side of the road whithout lights in the dark while texting, but the big bad evil car driver should have seen him coming and should have been prepared to stop!!!!! That way our member would not have hit him, MURDERER!!!!"
As it stands, cyclists are pretty much untouchable, there is nothing to identify them, hardly any laws to fine them on, and no license to take away, whatever the fuck they want to do, they get away with, and in the rare case one does get a talking to, they hide behind layers and layers of 'protected' status given to them by government after damn government whithout a clue on traffic safety, or claim ignorance.

Cops DO NOT CARE about crap like this, neither do they care about other similar crimes like (car)theft, burglaries or shoplifting. Way to busy writing parkingtickets, fines for a dirty license plate, or laying in wait with a radar gun in a 30kph (school zone) at 3 in the morning, oh, did I mention the sanctioned trucker harrassing? Oh, the alcohol checks, that's another good one, they are very big on that, now I do not condone drinking and driving, but you know the 2 days in the year it's safe to do so? The nights of the Mayors or the Police ball...... One night I got a call from a female friend: her cop boyfriend had stuffed his car in a field, 'if I could come get him out' with the worktruck....when I got there he was borderline comatose half leaning half laying, compleetly drunk off his ass, and all of his little friend were allready there, clearly annoyed that she called me whithout their knowledge, pesky witness and all.....hypocrite cunts. :lol:

Remember the little paper they give you for the insurance? Said declaration is THE ONLY REASON anyone reports crimes anymore, we have some of the lowest crime figures in Europe, you know why? Because nobody reports a damn thing anymore unless they are insured for the damages.....

I had a trailer stolen from my driveway once, not a cheap POS neither, braked 3 axle with ramps, professional grade, 7000 bucks worth of trailer, so they sent a man out, he was at my place for the whole of 5 minutes, 'probably eastern Europeans sir, heading home for holiday (this was indeed in summer), taking everything they can, probably halfway there as we speak, good day.", and that was the end of that.
Parents got broken into: "roving crime gang sir, can't really do anything"
I got assaulted by tree guys one night while going out "I would recommend against pressing charges sir, you defended yourself pretty hard, they can press charges against YOU to"....what was I supposed to do? Read a Goddamn book?
A few years ago 2 well adjusted immigrant victims with a bad childhood tried to mug me....they failed, but the only text written about that was on here, cause like I said why fucking bother reporting anything anymore.......I got a dozen more of these if anyone cares.

Even culprits who get caught red handed are out before the paperwork is filed.....but granted that is more to blame on our world-blind court system*.

You want justice? better pray you find out who did it yourself and you can find the idiot.....believe it or not sometimes this happens....

* Will be covered in a future rant.

Last edited:
^If only I could print that and show it to all my teachers on university who think that Europe is literally utopia and that crime is all but eradicated and everything is cheap and free and fun.

Maybe they'd continue labeling me as a short-brained buffoon who has clearly been broken by living in such a hateful, horrible country. Not like Finland, they give you free money, education and healthcare and everybody drives Mercedes and Audis and luxury cars and they can afford everything.

"Um...well...you see..."
"there you go again, why don't you just accept the facts."
BECAUSE THOSE ARE NOT THE FACTS YOU TWIT!!! *Not shou emousshi?ns.*

</minirant>

I knew you'd deliver. 9/10, would read another rant. +rep

Edit: damn! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cowboy again.

Don't worry, precision laser guided rep is heading his way to cover you.

Dumb bicyclists and dumb pedestrians ignoring the laws en masse!

And getting tickets - for once.

(NSFW language)
[video=youtube;nh-As5b_jZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh-As5b_jZA[/video]

I've never had a problem with jay-walking and did it daily when I worked in Boston. There is NO logical reason not to cross when there's no one coming. What kind of a society are we when we can't even walk across the street without our hand being held?

(NSFW language)
[video=youtube;nh-As5b_jZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh-As5b_jZA[/video]

I've never had a problem with jay-walking and did it daily when I worked in Boston. There is NO logical reason not to cross when there's no one coming. What kind of a society are we when we can't even walk across the street without our hand being held?

In NYC you can do it in front of cops they won't give a shit and yeah I agree it's one of those low risk activities that doesn't endanger anyone

In NYC you can do it in front of cops they won't give a shit and yeah I agree it's one of those low risk activities that doesn't endanger anyone
Well in Boston if you get hit by a car while jay-walking it's considered your own damn fault. I'm fine with taking that risk.