Prizrak hates Brooklyn roads (a sad story)

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
I was getting on the highway today and at the end of the on ramp there was a huge pothole. You can't see it till right before you hit it and there is nowhere to go to avoid it. Considering that you are right on the highway at this point, you are generally going around 50. So long story short I'll be ordering me a new rim :(

Call the people responsible for that road and inform them.

Sadly, it's New York City - like anybody there is going to give a damn.

Get some cement, call the TV - go fix it your self, embarrass the sods.

You forgot the part where I'm gonna get run over by like 30 cars in under a second :(
Sadly, it's New York City - like anybody there is going to give a damn.
According to NYC they only give a damn about potholes that are 3" or more in depth....

It's a shame that people pay taxes for road maintenance, and yet when they fail and your car gets damaged as a result you're considered SOL.

According to NYC they only give a damn about potholes that are 3" or more in depth....

Get a ruler and a pickaxe, pound at it until it's more than 3", call the DOT again, profit.

I've seen/heard worse on Staten Island. Then again our roads have always been shit. Let me guess it was on the BQE?

Anything above your deductible should be covered by insurance. Unfortunately, that does not mean your rates won't up for something that wasn't your fault. The best thing to do is report the pothole. For the money you're out you will be SOL, and for the time it takes to get fixed you'll be SOL as well.

I've seen/heard worse on Staten Island. Then again our roads have always been shit. Let me guess it was on the BQE?
Close Belt to Gawanus on ramp.
Anything above your deductible should be covered by insurance. Unfortunately, that does not mean your rates won't up for something that wasn't your fault. The best thing to do is report the pothole. For the money you're out you will be SOL, and for the time it takes to get fixed you'll be SOL as well.
One of the reasons I bought my Konigs was because they were pretty cheap, $160 a wheel isn't even worse the hassle to report to insurance. I will report it to the city but they won't give a damn.

Last edited:
Here in Columbus, if you have damage done to your car for a pothole or the like that has already been reported, they will supposedly cover the damage.

Does NY have a similar policy?

You are lucky the strut didn't pop out from your hood.

(To be fair, that happened to me in Jersey City)

You are lucky the strut didn't pop out from your hood.

(To be fair, that happened to me in Jersey City)

I stay the fuck away from JC. First thing I did was go to my mechanic to check the control arms and such.
Here in Columbus, if you have damage done to your car for a pothole or the like that has already been reported, they will supposedly cover the damage.

Does NY have a similar policy?
Not sure but I doubt you could collect anything from the city...

Get some cement, call the TV - go fix it your self, embarrass the sods.

His house and car will then be vandalized by the unions that infest NYC for 'taking away their job'. No kidding.

This happened to me on an off-ramp in my first car. It was a new one that I guess they didn't make right because lo and behold, it poked a hole not only in my rim, but several other peoples' rims who stopped at the same tire shop for repairs. Not fun. My parents were mad, but what could I do? I called the city to tell them about it and got nothing. "Ooh, I-35, we can't do anything about that." The problem spot wasn't something that I could see, either. It just looked like a normal seam in the concrete. :(

Good luck hunting down a matching rim. I hate riding around on a dinky spare.

Good luck hunting down a matching rim. I hate riding around on a dinky spare.

Luckily I have aftermarket rims so finding a matching one is easy, I will have to ride on my spare for a while though (its a stock wheel that came with the car) which is gonna look dumb :(