Take us for a drive in your country

TroyWK

Car(s)
Canyonero
Had this idea for a thread while mucking around with my gopro today.

Show us what its like on an average drive in your country, This may be limited by people who have cars and some way to film it but i like to see what its like driving in other countries.

I present, Sydney, Australia on a hot Saturday.

I thought about something along those lines but never actually started the thread.
I will try to record something tomorrow.

EDIT: People driving on the left make my head hurt! :lol:

Last edited:
I don't have a suction mount, but these guys do so I borrowed their video.

[video=youtube;QDBJvvU-3b4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDBJvvU-3b4[/video]

Last edited:
[video=youtube;QDBJvvU-3b4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDBJvvU-3b4[/video]

If that's an average drive in your country, i wanna live there! :p

Hopefully getting a GoPro from the woman for my birthday this spring. Can't convince myself to spend my own money on it, but I've told her about it a couple times and she's pretty good about getting me stuff I really want.

Had this idea for a thread while mucking around with my gopro today.

Show us what its like on an average drive in your country, This may be limited by people who have cars and some way to film it but i like to see what its like driving in other countries.

I present, Sydney, Australia on a hot Saturday.

Watching the part with the second traffic circle I seriously have to question why people think that traffic circles are better than all way stops. You were stuck on that one for a whiiiile.
Is that Getaway in Stockholm? Why you..
How is it so damn empty there? It NEVER gets this empty here :(

Last edited:
You know, prizrak, you should take a page from AiR's book and post the chase scene from The French Connection.

And those Getaway in Stockholm videos are shot at around 3 or 4 in the morning, if I recall.

Watching the part with the second traffic circle I seriously have to question why people think that traffic circles are better than all way stops. You were stuck on that one for a whiiiile.
Well, there were many opportunities to go while he was waiting, but obviously he wasn't in a hurry. If it were me driving I probably would have gone in after the Commodore, or if I was really in a hurry I would have gave it a bootful and entered behind the Mustang. I say this even though I can't see whats happening to the right, so that may be different. And it wasn't as long as the traffic light after the roundabout.

But there appeared to be enough room to enter behind the Commodore, and it's not like the learner driver in the Corolla behind would have been speeding through the roundabout. That way the time waiting would be halved.

Last edited:
Well, there were many opportunities to go while he was waiting, but obviously he wasn't in a hurry. If it were me driving I probably would have gone in after the Commodore, or if I was really in a hurry I would have gave it a bootful and entered behind the Mustang. I say this even though I can't see whats happening to the right, so that may be different. And it wasn't as long as the traffic light after the roundabout.

But there appeared to be enough room to enter behind the Commodore, and it's not like the learner driver in the Corolla behind would have been speeding through the roundabout. That way the time waiting would be halved.

I wouldn't want to look like a "Hoon"

See wikipedia-article about all-way stops, paragraph "benefits and disadvantages". Roundabouts don't have the first advantage, but you have less disadvantages: the average delay is less, the fuel consumption and emission of hydrocarbons are lowered since not everybody has to grind to a halt and you only have STOP-signs where it's necessary so they are respected more.

It's only a matter of getting used to it. According to the article roundabouts, paragraph "public opinion", it is clear that once the roundabout is installed and running for some time, the public opinion raises because people get used to it and see the advantages which weren't clear beforehand.

In Germany we don't have all-way stops, but there were traffic lights almost everywhere where you have roundabouts now. In my old hometown there was a 5-way intersection which had a bent major road with traffic lights, it was a nightmare since there was little traffic from three directions (the minor roads), but much traffic from two directions (the two sections of the major road). Sometimes when you just wanted to drive on the major road you had to wait for the three green phases of the minor roads even when there was no traffic at all from those roads (in the 1990's there weren't many lights with sensors compared to today).
After the roundabout has been built the traffic got much more fluent, even from the minor roads the waiting time in average reduced.

This may be limited by people who have cars and some way to film it but i like to see what its like driving in other countries.

Who needs a car?

Today I decided to go for a leisurely run down to mail something on my CB700SC; CrazyJeeper decided to come along and brought his CB750. I grabbed my cheapie ChinaCam (one of the 808/Keychain types) and mounted it back on the bike where it normally lives. This is the result, 15 minutes of running around Dallas in real-time. And since it's a cheap semi-disposable ChinaCam, the datestamp is wrong and I can't be bothered to fix it. The camera is mounted on top of the front brake master cylinder cap (next to the right side control cluster) via Velcro.

Last edited:
I tried to make videos like those, but had no way to fix the camera, so the video turned all shaky. How do you fix the camera in your car in a cheap easy way? I've got a Sony Cybershot.

I think TVR might be a new driver an perhaps overly cautios, there were plenty opportunities to get in :)
How is it so damn empty there? It NEVER gets this empty here :(
Just imagine how emtpy it gets outside of the most denesly populated city in the country! ;)

Stockholm in the daytime is like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSrTD9nDhLM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vDO_uUYdsc

Last edited: