Chinese man pays men to smash his Gallardo with hammers

I'm amazed.

The Chinese complaining about quality, reiterate- Chinese complaining about quality.

At a loss for words.

My hero!
For mere mortals like myself, a car is such a big purchase that the dealers can get away with a lot of stuff, like overcharging for parts and generally crappy service. I have to 'deal with it', because if car don't work I'm pretty screwed. This guy has the balls, and the resources to basically tell the car companies (Lamborghini, no less) that he's not willing to take crap from them.

Shame it wasn't a Ferrari getting that treatment.

It's like buying a Volvo for the way it handles.

Also pwnd. :lol:

He should have done the grown-up thing and built his own exotic car. Take that, Ferrucio Lamborghini!

His car, his money? It's not like Gallardos are exactly rare cars.

It's like buying a Volvo for the way it handles.

/uncalledfor :p

Exactly. I knew it was no race car and I still bought it. This guy was expecting Volvo reliability in a 200MPH Italian supercar. Not going to happen.

My hero!
For mere mortals like myself, a car is such a big purchase that the dealers can get away with a lot of stuff, like overcharging for parts and generally crappy service. I have to 'deal with it', because if car don't work I'm pretty screwed. This guy has the balls, and the resources to basically tell the car companies (Lamborghini, no less) that he's not willing to take crap from them.

I agree - Just because a car is expensive is no excuse for it to be badly engineered. Being rich doesn't mean you're obliged to let others rip you off.

Its only a Gallardo anyway. If he smashed a Reventon on the other hand...

Who buys a Lamborghini for its reliability?

To any other rich douchebags fed up with unreliable supercars out there, send them to me. It's what Mao would have wanted.

What a goddamned fucking idiot. That is all I have to say about the subject.

I'm amazed.

The Chinese complaining about quality, reiterate- Chinese complaining about quality.

At a loss for words.

Bloody Audi!

I agree - Just because a car is expensive is no excuse for it to be badly engineered. Being rich doesn't mean you're obliged to let others rip you off.

Its only a Gallardo anyway. If he smashed a Reventon on the other hand...

Before you all get foam on your mouth, it should be pointed out, that he did not destroy the car, because it broke down or was unreliable. There is no indication that he didn't like it or was unsatisfied with it.

His rage is directed at Lamborghini's customer service for treating him like shit, as ths article describes:
Chinese Man Destoys Lambo On National Consumer Day

It?s no secret that customer service is all but non-existent nowadays in the automotive industry. Major manufacturers want to do the right thing by their customers, but at the end of the day it really comes down to each facilities service adviser. Here in United States getting a manufacturer to rectify a problem is like pulling teeth, but generally, after enough back and fourth, things usually get sorted out. Over in China however things have gotten so bad that one man decided to show his distaste by actually destroying his own car in public. The man, a resident of Qingdao, a city in the Eastern Shandong province of the People?s Republic of China, was furious at the treatment he received by none other then Italian sports car manufacturer Lamborghini. The Gallardo was brought into a Lamborghini authorized service center, however the problem was never remedied and when released back to the owner, the bumper and chassis were found to be damaged after the car was transported incorrectly.

The owner pointed out the damage, but was promptly ignored as the facility denied any responsibility. The owner then contacted Stephan Winkelmann, Lamborghini?s CEO, as well as the brand manager for Lamborghini of China, but the problem was never resolved. Lamborghini is relatively new to the Chinese market and the cars owner strongly feels as though they have shirked their customer service responsibility.

He therefore decided to show his disapproval with the Italian company by having his car destroyed on China?s National Consumer Day. Keep in mind now that in China a Lamborghini Gallardo is a prized commodity and sells well above retail to the tune of between $529,000 USD and $757,000 USD depending on how it?s optioned out.

We hate to see such a beautiful car get destroyed in this manner, but if it gets the attention of Lamborghini and improves their overall customer service, well then, it may just be the best stunt ever pulled by an owner.

Source: http://www.chromjuwelen.com/de/netw...n-destoys-lambo-on-national-consumer-day.html

If you ask me about my opinion: If I had more money than brains and would recieve an equally bad customer service from, say, Ferrari or Lamborghini or any other carmaker, I'd not only beat the car up with hammers.

I'd rent a helicopter and drop the car right in front of the factory's main entrance on a Sunday morning from about 100 meters high and make sure that TV was there to film it.

Last edited:
If anybody out there is feeling like smashing their supercar(s) because of whatever reason, I am more than willing to offer my services. Just ship the car over here with the proper paperwork and I'll supply some 'proof' photos afterwards.:ninja:

I bet his initial thought was "Kill it with fire"......

...........followed shortly afterwards by "Wait, wut?"

:D

A german I mean Italian car with poor customer sevice? That actually is quite shocking. Stupid Audi er, Lambo!

Hey Obama are you listening? This is a great way to boost the US economy. Every time Yota has a recall (every other day or so) pay unemployed Americans to smash'em up. Unemployed get jobs and the Big 3 get a boost, everybody wins!