Chinese man pays men to smash his Gallardo with hammers

Gingertom

Car(s)
'04 Skoda Octavia vRS
topgear.com said:
If you thought the Brilliance BS6 was China's worst crime against motoring, prepare to have your mind positively exploded. This is, or was, a Lamborghini Gallardo - yep, the very same car that, in dog-eared poster format, adorned the walls of teenagers for the best part of a decade.

Its crime? Breaking down. Its punishment? A public battering with sledgehammers. So what, we hear you ask, the hell is going on?

Welcome to Qingdao, in Eastern China, where the owner of this supercar was so enraged after it broke down after a service, that he paid a group of blokes to take the car apart using sledgehammers before a crowd of rightly horrified onlookers. It was all part of a public protest for World Consumer Rights Day, an event likely to resonate with world's biggest companies as loudly as World Donut Day or World Handwashing Day. And no, we didn't make any of these up.

pb-110315-smash-car-da-02.photoblog900.jpg

pb-110315-smash-car-da-01.photoblog900.jpg

pb-110315-smash-car-da-03.photoblog900.jpg

:(

The owner likes to burn his money... through rage -_-"

I think this was a precaution given the history of the Gallardo:

burning_gallardo.jpg

gallardo2.jpg

Frustrated and angry consumers can do strange things.
At the Alpine Museum in Japan there is a model "7307" radio/tape recorder (circa 1981) shot by an American (Roger Holdaway of SpeakerWorks in Orange Ca) using a .45-caliber pistol at a distance of 4 feet. The owner, frustrated with the performance of the product, shot the unit and returned it to Alpine. This gesture brought home to Alpine the importance of product quality, and as a result they spent $25 million on a testing and evaluation centre in Iwaki-city, Japan.

Sometimes the message is received.

Last edited:
Wish I had the funds to do that. I understand him being pissed off though, his uber expensive car was damaged in transit and the company is refusing to fix..

*"Hello is that the insurance company, my Gallardo's been damaged."
"Ok sir heres some cash to buy a 458"

The perfect crime.

Who buys a Lamborghini for its reliability?

To any other rich douchebags fed up with unreliable supercars out there, send them to me. It's what Mao would have wanted.

To any other rich douchebags fed up with unreliable supercars out there, send them to me. It's what Mao would have wanted.

You didn't call Elvis a douche and a commie in the same sentence, did you?!? :p

Ha, I missed that post. Elvis gets away with it because he's Elvis and he was at least smart enough not to shoot the car to destruction so it still survives today (still with a bullet hole in the steering wheel!)

Fawlty.jpg