Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese man pays men to smash his Gallardo with hammers

Originally posted by topgear.com
    If you thought the Brilliance BS6 was China's worst crime against motoring, prepare to have your mind positively exploded. This is, or was, a Lamborghini Gallardo - yep, the very same car that, in dog-eared poster format, adorned the walls of teenagers for the best part of a decade.

Its crime? Breaking down. Its punishment? A public battering with sledgehammers. So what, we hear you ask, the hell is going on?

Welcome to Qingdao, in Eastern China, where the owner of this supercar was so enraged after it broke down after a service, that he paid a group of blokes to take the car apart using sledgehammers before a crowd of rightly horrified onlookers. It was all part of a public protest for World Consumer Rights Day, an event likely to resonate with world's biggest companies as loudly as World Donut Day or World Handwashing Day. And no, we didn't make any of these up.

The owner likes to burn his money... through rage -_-"

PSN ID: Timl93 - HTC One M8 - Android KitKat 5.0.1

Comment

WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

I think this was a precaution given the history of the Gallardo:

Comment

Frustrated and angry consumers can do strange things.
          At the Alpine Museum in Japan there is a model "7307" radio/tape recorder (circa 1981) shot by an American (Roger Holdaway of SpeakerWorks in Orange Ca) using a .45-caliber pistol at a distance of 4 feet. The owner, frustrated with the performance of the product, shot the unit and returned it to Alpine. This gesture brought home to Alpine the importance of product quality, and as a result they spent $25 million on a testing and evaluation centre in Iwaki-city, Japan.
          Sometimes the message is received.
          Last edited by Spectre; March 16th, 2011, 3:08 PM.

Comment

Wish I had the funds to do that. I understand him being pissed off though, his uber expensive car was damaged in transit and the company is refusing to fix..
            ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
              Frustrated and angry consumers can do strange things.

Sometimes the message is received.
              I should do this to my Thinkpad.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks this might just have a sexual context? Hiring other men with big tools to do
                Last edited by Interrobang; March 16th, 2011, 3:26 PM.

beautiful language - milk&water - baseball vs. football - best god in show

Comment

Originally posted by Interrobang View Post
                  Am I the only one who thinks this might just have a sexual context?
                  Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                    Yes.
                    `cause smashing Lambos is serious Buisness

beautiful language - milk&water - baseball vs. football - best god in show

Comment

*"Hello is that the insurance company, my Gallardo's been damaged."
                      "Ok sir heres some cash to buy a 458"

The perfect crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Aston Martin View Post
                        "Ok sir heres some cash to buy a 458 MP4-12C"
                        FTFY.
                        (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Comment

Who buys a Lamborghini for its reliability?
                          "It's the difference between watching great sex and having good sex." - Labcoatguy on the difference between an automatic and a manual gearbox.

Comment

In other news: Italian man, pays Italian men to smash up Chinese man with sledge hammers.

Comment

See, that's the difference between China and the USA: When Elvis' car (a DeTomaso Pantera, by the way) refused to start, he shot it.
                              http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/elvi..._pantera.shtml
                              Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
                              (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

To any other rich douchebags fed up with unreliable supercars out there, send them to me. It's what Mao would have wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Donington View Post
                                  To any other rich douchebags fed up with unreliable supercars out there, send them to me. It's what Mao would have wanted.
                                  You didn't call Elvis a douche and a commie in the same sentence, did you?!?
                                  Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
                                  (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Ha, I missed that post. Elvis gets away with it because he's Elvis and he was at least smart enough not to shoot the car to destruction so it still survives today (still with a bullet hole in the steering wheel!)

Comment

WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Originally posted by Cobol74 View Post
                                        In other news: Italian man, pays Italian men to smash up Chinese man with sledge hammers.
                                        That's Russia you're talking about!

Comment

Working...
                                        X