The "post your configurator summary" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "post your configurator summary" thread

I dunno about you but I end up building some combination of car at least once a week. I figured it would be fun to post the results of those, discuss, etc.

I'll start

Fiat 500 Sport:

"The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Ooh I do that a lot too. Good idea for a thread.

Cadillac ATS and Mazda Miata. Clicky for biggy:
    "Men with guts attack those corners!" - Keiichi Tsuchiya
    2006 Acura TL and 1999 Mazda Miata

Comment

Comment

I spend more time than I probably should mucking around with Triumph's configurator...

"If you're following your grandmother's ambulance to the hospital and accidentally rear-end the ambulance as it pulls into the trauma bay...
        As the confused EMT is coming to get your insurance info, the only truly logical response is to run out to the hospital parking lot, steal a truck, and GTFO "

--------------
        <Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
        <bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
        --------------
        "When being persuaded by books you initially disagree with is considered "brainwashing"�well, we're in trouble."

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	3426602
          Last edited by Davetouch; July 17th, 2012, 10:12 PM.
          ^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

Comment

Comment

Just a bit too much money, but I always have bought used....

Comment

Comment

30k$ of options, yikes
                  Last edited by sephiroth99; July 17th, 2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

BMW, Suzuki, and Kawasaki don't have configurators and Aprilia doesn't really have any options

Ducati:

Honda:

Triumph:

Yamaha:

Comment

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                      2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                      2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                      1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                      1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Missing is 45 dollars for DRL's. It's the closest thing to a Caddy or Doblo. New for 2013 are new rear seat DVD entertainment systems.
                        Last edited by rickhamilton620; July 18th, 2012, 11:59 PM.
                        "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rickhamilton620 View Post
                            Missing is 45 dollars for DRL's. It's the closest thing to a Caddy or Doblo. New for 2013 are new rear seat DVD entertainment systems.
                            I actually loled at this; we love you Rick, but your choice in cars is definitely...unfortunate. Then I thought about it, and realised that that's probably closest you Yanks can get to automotive perfection; the Kangoo.

Anyway - this still counts as a configurator, even if it is basically just a colour chooser...
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	413.2 KB
ID:	3426614Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	3426615
                            ^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

Comment

I'll be in my bunk
                              Last edited by DanRoM; July 20th, 2012, 9:56 PM.

Comment

gnomgnomgnom...

Comment

Comment

From some old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Aston Martin View Post
                                      Awesome color combo...digging it.

Originally posted by Speedtouch View Post
                                      I actually loled at this; we love you Rick, but your choice in cars is definitely...unfortunate. Then I thought about it, and realised that that's probably closest you Yanks can get to automotive perfection; the Kangoo.

Anyway - this still counts as a configurator, even if it is basically just a colour chooser...
                                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7402[/ATTACH]
                                      Hah, yeah i can say my interests are...odd. As far as the Transit Connect goes, you're right: it's the closest we get to the Kangoo. Doblo's coming soon which will be nice if they do a MPV variant as well.

Morgan's will always be timeless. The Sandero looks quite good as well for such a cheap car.

Comment

Originally posted by rickhamilton620 View Post
                                        Awesome color combo...digging it.
                                        I preferred the pink fuchsia roof, but didn't have the balls to do it.

This shows how bad the colour matches are with configurators. (Regarding roof)

Last edited by Aston Martin; July 21st, 2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X