The "post your configurator summary" thread

With the 3.5 Ecoboost. Also sit in the 2nd row. Most comfortable 2nd row seats I've ever sat in.

I test drove one with the N/A V6 and it felt perfectly capable. Super nice inside. Would have bought that instead had I needed more than 5 seats.

It's not the most advanced configurator, but the pdf it spits out gives a decent pic. (8000 x 4500) :|

hurr.jpg

I modified the front bumper as the bottom part of the bumper in body colour looks wrong.

The headlights are dark for some reason.

fer.jpg

fere.jpg

p.s. Anyone who buys a red Ferrari is a twatbag.

The 488 looks wonderful in person, especially in the darker grey metallic which works for the sculpting better than red.

Damnit Spectre...

rYrXIlY.png

Damnit Spectre...

rYrXIlY.png

Well, that's an improvement over the last thing you posted.

Don't forget you can get that 10K or more off that sticker, too.

what in the name of the stig were they smoking when they came up with the pricing for their options list? o_O
4,5k$ for those wheels!? that's just insane...
1k$ for "cf decor"? 3k$ "premium interior + light"? those don't even make sense... i mean... how would you find enough panels and stuff to change inside the car to warrant 4k$? 1k for a cf spoiler? no thank you!
most of the other stuff is ridiculous as well, but at least believeable... sort of. i don't quite get "next generation seats"... but if that makes them leather when they were fabric before, ok, take 2,5k for that.

eh... for all those options i'd like to see a very detailed list of things that change when specced, because all those prices (except maybe the paint and panoramic roof) definitely require a lot of justification!

Having driven a Model S, I'm amazed people consider paying that much for one. Granted the one I drove was not a P85D, but just a regular 60kWh model, but still, the sticker price was $78k and the material touch feel and build quality was closer to that of a $25k Ford Focus Titanium. Can't imagine its too much different in the bigger motor ones.

Last edited:
Having driven a Model S, I'm amazed people consider paying that much for one. Granted the one I drove was not a P85D, but just a regular 60kWh model, but still, the sticker price was $78k and the material touch feel and build quality was closer to that of a $25k Ford Focus Titanium. Can't imagine its too much different in the bigger motor ones.

After a certain price point, mere simple considerations make way for the image the car imbues. There are plenty of people who just want to be seen in a Tesla; The build quality and materials just have to hit a minimum threshold or even get ignored because the pros of the image outweigh the cons of the material quality in the person's mind. Same reason why some people buy the Maserati Ghibli even though it very obviously has switchgear and other internal components from common Chryslers.

The interior quality has improved immensely just in the last year. And the premium interior package is really damn nice.

The interior quality has improved immensely just in the last year. And the premium interior package is really damn nice.

I'll need to see if I can get into a newer one. The car I drove was a 2014.

"I ordered a red Ferrari" Great, now buy a fucking imagination.

If I'm paying that kind of money, I'll pay the little extra to get whatever color I wanted - the regular selection is rather bland.

Also, what do they call a dark green Ferrari? British Racing Green? No.....

AqFuDIz.png

Because Ferrari

"I ordered a red Ferrari" Great, now buy a fucking imagination.
It's the traditional decades-old Ferrari racing color. Does Jezza have no imagination either because his Ford GT was blue with white stripes? What about anyone that buys a white/ gray/black car, since those are the most popular? How about BRG on any car just because it's the famous BRG? Seriously, who cares lol

Last edited:
It's the traditional decades-old Ferrari racing color. Does Jezza have no imagination either because his Ford GT was blue with white stripes? What about anyone that buys a white/ gray/black car, since those are the most popular? How about BRG on any car just because it's the famous BRG? Seriously, who cares lol

Doesn't change the fact that red Ferraris are the beige Toyotas of the nouveau riche. When I strike gold I'll be ordering my italian Camry in a different color. :p

Last edited: