Live in the UK? No matter. Complete this survey and let's mess with corporate minds!

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
I just stumbled across this.

Have your say on driving behaviour

This is the third year in which Telegraph Motoring has joined AXA to promote an in-depth survey to discover the nation's attitudes towards motoring today. It's aimed at all drivers of all ages, so we can jointly gauge the mood of the nation's car owners and users.

The survey aims to build up a picture of current attitudes, likes and dislikes, finding out whether driving is as satisfying or as enjoyable. It also seeks to understand the root causes of motoring gripes and grumbles, for example the impact of high fuel and insurance prices, not to mention potholes and congestion.

Respondents also have an opportunity to sound off about what irks them most about other drivers and Britain's road network.

Have your say at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L9M2KKD

The survey is online until until midnight on Tuesday November 20. Once the data has been processed, we'll bring you the results.

Last edited:
Respondents also have an opportunity to sound off about what irks them most about other drivers and Britain's road network.
Driving on the wrong side of the road. :p

Driving on the wrong side of the road. :p
Yes I hate it when that happens - Eastern European Lorry Drivers, and very Old doddery people are the worst offenders.

People on their mobile devices whilst driving in built up areas, people with insufficient talent in the wet and ice/snow who crash into you. People going through Red Lights or ignoring a crossing guard outside a school. Grrrrr.

Done the survey. Some of the questions were 'loaded' and some were poor with respect to the answer options not covering all options.

Last edited:
"Which car brand do you think represents the following? (Tick all that apply)"

Everyone bad. :lol:

Edit: What on earth is this question on about?

*17. If the government could change one thing in 2012 regarding motorists, what would you like it to be? (pick one)
Ban cars with a capacity of 2 litres.

What on earth?! Why 2 litres? This is a completely random answer.

Last edited:
Edit: What on earth is this question on about?

*17. If the government could change one thing in 2012 regarding motorists, what would you like it to be? (pick one)
Ban cars with a capacity of 2 litres.

What on earth?! Why 2 litres? This is a completely random answer.
Because some Eco-mentalist Nazi thinks it's a good idea.

6. Please tell us which of the following driving habits you consider you have? (Tick all that apply)
Cut up other drivers

Is that a problem in the UK? Road slashers?

Because some Eco-mentalist Nazi thinks it's a good idea.

Ah, well, I can suppose I can live with that. I much prefer 2.5 and above anyway... 2.0 alone isn't a big loss. :lol:

Like I said - loaded questions that are trying to lead you to fit a pre-designed conclusion. Do you know that when they dropped speed limits in certain built up areas from 30 to 20 mph the accident rate went up? No I can not figure it out either.

Probably because pedestrians think they are now bulletproof and stop thinking.

What actually does work is those "shared space" systems where there are no kerbs, minimal signs and everyone seems to have right of way. I drove through a trial one in Ashford earlier this year and it was really weird and slightly disconcerting but I tell you what, it sure as hell made sure I had to concentrate on everything I was doing. For no other reason than that I had virtually no chance of hitting anything and probably didn't drive at more than 15mph.

6. Please tell us which of the following driving habits you consider you have? (Tick all that apply)
Cut up other drivers

Is that a problem in the UK? Road slashers?

Cutting or carving up means pulling in very suddenly and too close to the car you have just overtaken, possibly forcing them to brake, instead of leaving a reasonable gap and checking your nearside mirror before pulling back in.

Last edited:
Well, I completed it. What was the car Brand safe or not safe question all about? It's all well and good having sweeping genralisations for a laugh on the internet or with your mates, but a "serious" suvey? It would just be an agregate of collective bollocks! :rolleyes:

I hope everyone ticked the Audi box for the Bad/Aggressive Driver section?

Cutting or carving up means pulling in very suddenly and too close to the car you have just overtaken, possibly forcing them to brake, instead of leaving a reasonable gap and checking your nearside mirror before pulling back in.
Makes sense. I assumed they meant cutting off other drivers, which is the same thing you described basically. Cultural differences?

I hope everyone ticked the Audi box for the Bad/Aggressive Driver section?

I did, along with all other makes of car. I also expressed how low taxes were and how running costs were nothing and insurance isn't expensive enough.

:p just kidding, just kidding

Last edited:
^
:lol: .. yeah, cultural differences and I hope you told them you were in Arizona as well. :p

(I just ticked Volvo = :angel: because I HAD to tick something to the stupid question. So I just went with the ultimate sterotype answer. :rolleyes:)

Here's what I put for the list of Bad Drivers:

Audi (duh)
BMW (EVILEVILEVIL)
Chevy (because of the massive retard invasion over the last five years here, especially into Impalas)
Ferrari (because there are very few people in that income bracket who know how to properly drive)
Fiat (to piss off AM and Rick)
Land Rover and Range Rover (the vehicle choice here for the rich-bitch subgroup of Oblivious Soccer Moms)
Lexus (mainly because of my clueless cousin)
Mercedes (geriatric and/or more money than sense)
Mini (MALMALMAL)
Mitsubishi (either they don't give a shit, or they're boy-racer Evo drivers)
Porsche (by the time the average Porsche owner gets one, they've lost the skill and dexterity needed to drive it, plus there was the asshole in his Cayman I saw hooning at 95 in traffic)
Saab and Volvo (because of the "I'm invulnerable" factor)
Smart (because death-trap)

And if they ask, I'm going to say I'm from Cardiff. If it's good enough for Torchwood, it's good enough for me.

I trolled the survey too. Actually, I just answered the questions. :D

And I just put down Hyundai drivers as bad drivers. It keeps in line with my other answers such as finding it stressful to drive behind a slow driver.

Spie,you forgot Honda.

Middle-aged Illinoyances with massive great chips on their narrow, frost-bitten shoulders.

:tease:

EDIT:

I trolled the survey too. Actually, I just answered the questions. :D

And I just put down Hyundai drivers as bad drivers. It keeps in line with my other answers such as finding it stressful to drive behind a slow driver.

Screw it! If we can rig HEAT magazine polls in favour of the TG 3 then let's fuck with these bastards! The Torygraph is only the Waily Fail for people who still eat boiled eggs for breakfast and all insurance companies are wankers. I'm changing the title of this thread right now!

Last edited:

So I should put my tendency for roadside homicides under other?

Reactions: MWF
Spie,you forgot Honda.

Middle-aged Illinoyances with massive great chips on their narrow, frost-bitten shoulders.

Oops, forgot it was a UK survey. Honda doesn't have the geriatric cliched-driver set here that it does there. Over here, the majority of Honda drivers are 50 or younger thanks to the Accord's and Civic's reputation for Value For Money. I know you were kidding.

Oh, by the way, "Fit" is a much better name than "Jazz". And what they give us out of Suzuka is a lot better than what you get out of Swindon. In our case, America did get a nice thing, at least compared to what you got.

If we troll this survey, can we agree to answer every question in such a way to maximize pissing off everyone at Pistonheads? That'd be fun.