Anyone get the new Focus ST?

I got to drive wagon one yesterday. All the basics seemed to be pretty spot on: gear change, steering and pedals had nice weight. Suspension was good compromise between comfort and possible performance driving. I say possible, because I couldn't really try it out. We got pretty nice amount of snow yesterday, which meant wheel spin at 6th gear from 1800rpm onwards. The engine felt good and controlling the power was easy. On slippery corners you could rotate the car with a simple lift-off, but I'm not sure if that tells anything about its handling on dry tarmac and at more than 25km/h. Well, at least ESP can be fully disengaged. I'd love to dry one again at the summer.

Mustang GT + Focus ST Wagon would be an excellent 2 car garage.

If you compare the Focus ST to the Mustang 5.0 it's pretty clear you've never driven either. The Focus ST is actually well sorted and fun to drive.

Anyone get the new Focus ST?

If you compare the Focus ST to the Mustang 5.0 it's pretty clear you've never driven either. The Focus ST is actually well sorted and fun to drive.

I'm sorry, but it's automotive bigotry like this that makes me cringe.

All cars are fun to drive in some manner. Different cars have different dynamics, that's it.

What he said!

I've driven both of them, and they're both great cars that have their own ups and their own downs. Its like saying "if you compare lemons to apples its clear you've never had either of them" Different fruit for different occasions.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, once all the Christmas hub-bub settles down I'm going to see if I can find one to at least test drive (and test drive a 5.0 while I'm at it). I know a Ford salesman, so I can investigate what if any deals he can get me.

For those who know people who have them, what kind of mpgs are they reporting?

Re: Anyone get the new Focus ST?

Love the power the ST creates but either the Stang or ST would do. I just love the Recaro seats in the ST which would sway me that way.

The 3 people I know have been getting 24, 26, and 27 mpg averages in regular day-to-day driving.

medium

Just finished editing first picture of the ST I drove and shot.

I normally hate white cars but gawd damn!

OK, I'm starting to think there's some truth to the claim that something in PA's water supply inverts your sense of what is and isn't a cool car. Because that's a station wagon, and I really want it. :drool:

There is NOTHING wrong with wanting a station wagon. I've loved that body style since before I lived in PA.

Re: Anyone get the new Focus ST?

medium

Just finished editing first picture of the ST I drove and shot.

My jaw is on the floor...do want.

OK, I'm starting to think there's some truth to the claim that something in PA's water supply inverts your sense of what is and isn't a cool car. Because that's a station wagon, and I really want it. :drool:

It took you long enough! :p

Really too bad we aren't able to have get the ST Wagon here in the US. Perhaps if the ST does well enough in the US they might consider bringing it here. I do feel though that wagons are slowly gaining popularity here. Another car that intrigues me is the 2014 Mazda 6 Wagon, with the SkyActiv diesel. Not quite the same animal as the ST but it looks like it has the potential to be very good.

Are those the stock Euro wheels on the white wagon or are those winter tire wheels? Can't say I'm a fan. The regular split-end 5 spokes look much better IMO