Anyone get the new Focus ST?

airmenair

Just wondering if anyone has bought the new Focus ST. I was considering it for myself. If so, how do you like it? I must say I'm out of the loop though, it has made it to the dealers, right? :lol:

Just wondering if anyone has bought the new Focus ST. I was considering it for myself. If so, how do you like it? I must say I'm out of the loop though, it has made it to the dealers, right? :lol:

I've seen it at the dealerships around Houston, but keep in mind they're going for $28k.

Unless you must have the Focus ST, buy the Mustang 5.0.

The ST doesn't even get decent mileage either, it's almost as bad as the Mustang.

Its at dealers. 3 people I know have one and they love it.

Based on the little time I had behind the wheel of one I can say its a really nice car to drive, although I have no idea how it handles in everyday situations on regular roads. The Recaro seats are really comfortable, and all in all it feels solid. Just stay away from MyFordTouch.

Had I not liked the GT Mustang when I test drove it, I'd have an ST now, but I'm sure you can guess how that turned out.

I've seen it at the dealerships around Houston, but keep in mind they're going for $28k.

Unless you must have the Focus ST, buy the Mustang 5.0.

The ST doesn't even get decent mileage either, it's almost as bad as the Mustang.

$28K for the fully loaded models? Seems like there are really only two options with the higher end being ~$4K more than the lower end.

I like the idea of having 4 doors and the 5.0s are in the 30s aren't they?

Its at dealers. 3 people I know have one and they love it.

Based on the little time I had behind the wheel of one I can say its a really nice car to drive, although I have no idea how it handles in everyday situations on regular roads. The Recaro seats are really comfortable, and all in all it feels solid. Just stay away from MyFordTouch.

Had I not liked the GT Mustang when I test drove it, I'd have an ST now, but I'm sure you can guess how that turned out.

I need to get behind the wheels of all of these cars but I appreciate the report. I wasn't planning on getting the MyFordTouch but thanks for reinforcing it.

Well a base ST is $23,700. But once you add Recaros and the nicer appearance package you're up to $26,880. Fully loaded it will cost you $30,320. A base GT starts at $30,300. You could get a very nicely equipped V6 Premium for that money, but then you'd have a V6 Mustang, and the kind of life choices that would lead to owning such a thing.

There is one already driving around Boulder. It's not on dealer plate either, it's registered.

I also already have a Mustang :-/

You should give it a go, someone I know purchased an options package 1 version of the ST and so far very happy with the car. Plus if you're of the tuning inclination, theres a selection of aftermarket ECU reflash tuning options even without doing any significant bolt on modifications. Practical and fun DD with some cargo carrying space, whats not to love?

A Focus ST is high on my list of replacements for my dearly departed SVT Focus. I've driven the car and I loved it, but I won't be shopping until some time next year.

Yes you can buy a Mustang for about the same price but I already have a not-very-practical 2 door with very little cargo room. I don't need another one.

They had a "Ford Focus Driver's Academy" event in a local stadium parking lot. They set up a 30 second "track" in a parking lot, 2nd gear all the way.

Compared to every other Focus I've ever driven, they took off like a rocket, and understeered like a rocket. It sounded great, the shifter was a bit rubbery and I think the leather they used on the seats would shine and look cheap fairly quickly (as most Ford leather seems to...) but if I were in the market for a new car and was offered a smokin' deal on one, I wouldn't hesitate.

$28K for the fully loaded models? Seems like there are really only two options with the higher end being ~$4K more than the lower end.

I like the idea of having 4 doors and the 5.0s are in the 30s aren't they?

Yes, I believe they were fully loaded models, but as CR540 said, once you add the necessary packages, it's almost $30k for a hatchback. But, if you need 4 doors...

Don't forget about the Mazda :mrgreen: face'd MS3 :p

5.0s are in the high $20s and low $30s, but if you can bear buying a CPO or lower mileage 2011, what have you, you have much more selection.

If you're going to opt for the Recaros on the ST, why not on the 5.0?

i wouldnt go for a hatch version, but the wagon version is intriguing..
2011%20Ford%20Focus%20ST%20wagon%20rear.jpg

I'd have one already if Ford offered that yummy wagon in the US.

Too bad those aren't available here (even in non-ST trim), I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
I'd have one already if Ford offered that yummy wagon in the US.
They don't? I thought this was a part of the "One Ford" philosophy that they offer all cars in all markets. Or is it that they might think that Americans generally prefer sedans over wagons? Thus, they don't bother bringing it over...?

They don't? I thought this was a part of the "One Ford" philosophy that they offer all cars in all markets. Or is it that they might think that Americans generally prefer sedans over wagons? Thus, they don't bother bringing it over...?

I don't think that it's Americans prefer sedans but that Americans prefer SUV's/trucks. It's kind of sad, really.

"One Ford" combines the engineering into one big common department, but selling everything everywhere wouldn't make sense. I don't think too many Ford F350s would sell in the UK, and I don't think too many Kas would sell here.