Best of eBay and Craigslist

Both of those are 2 of the best looking Broncos I've ever seen. I really like both, but I'd prefer the blue because...reasons.

You sure you want a Renault badge'd as an Eagle?

I was bored, so I looked at some high-milers again.

How about this? S600L with a brand new V12 biturbo engine fitted. What could possibly go wrong? 714.000 kms.

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

Or how about an S350 Turbodiesel with 712.000 kms.

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

Pontiac Fiero from 1986 with 835.217 ... well, it's either kilometers or miles, apparently not even the seller knows.

$_57.jpg

W124 200E with 703.932 kilometers, now this is proper! <3 Looks like everything is documented, only one owner, and would you just look at that interior. Honestly, I want it.

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

Another want, GAZ 2401 Volga with what looks like 642.780 kilometers. This is either restored or a typo; I suspect the latter...

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

Volvo 850 TDI, the Audi straight five turbodiesel engine.

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

Do they make aftermarket non-biodegradable wiring harnesses for that thing? The second link is for one man rebuilding them.

Last edited:
Do they make aftermarket non-biodegradable wiring harnesses for that thing? The second link is for one man rebuilding them.

Yes, and they're often more than the resale value of the car.

Also, those prices are the *starting* point - that's just his price to rebuild the harness off the car. You still have to pay to have the harness removed or remove it yourself, a task that can sometimes take days.

so $3-4k for a new one then...How much *do* I like the W140?

On the subject of unreliable mercs, I'm not entirely sure why, but the local population of W210s has increased exponentially this past year. It is uncanny, I thought all of them died.

Oh, not that I would recommend buying any of these at the points where they are. :lol: But if you have too much money lying around and want a toy to destory...

(except for the W124, you could probably do a Matt Farah with this one)

You know, when a car manages those kind of miles....would it be right to treat it as 'a toy to destroy'....whatever it is, I feel it deserves some respect, cause either the owner was truly insane, or it was doing something right.

You're right! But depends on what it is. That S600? Gonna go boom any time soon even with a new engine, at least if the suspension and gearbox haven't been taken care of. But at that point, someone must have used and loved it very much, so it might be alright?

The Volvo needs a lot of tlc, the GAZ is probably fake, the W140 might be a loved car aswell (though the way the suspension sits tells me it isn't), fuck the Fiero because I know exactly what the seller will look like, and the W124 goes in the same category as the S600 minus the bad points.

Not that I have moneyz or space to buy any of these, but if I would - give me that 200E asap, honestly. Just drive it and do a Matt Farah.

You know, when a car manages those kind of miles....would it be right to treat it as 'a toy to destroy'....whatever it is, I feel it deserves some respect, cause either the owner was truly insane, or it was doing something right.

I agree with you.

No. Someone did the same thing to an XJS in California and nobody wanted it either.

I think he will have a hard time selling that car, but just the shell and the engine should be worth enough to part it out for that price lol.

I dunno, are old Jag XJs as low-priced in Europe as they are here? Resale value is low four figures for all but the cleanest or most completely restored examples.

And to be fair, it is not the worst engine you could put on an XJ

Quick look at mobile.de tells me you probably have to pay *at least* 10 grand to get a decent one; probably have to spend some more to keep it on the road for longer

You sure you want a Renault badge'd as an Eagle?

You do realize who you're talking to right? that weirdness is the whole appeal.

You do realize who you're talking to right? that weirdness is the whole appeal.

LOL, yes yes I know. :D I used to like the Eagle versions of the cars they badged. :D Eagle Talon TSi for the win.