Best of eBay and Craigslist

Wait, where's the point of a pick-up truck if there's still an engine in the way and no floorpan? :lol:

Wait, where's the point of a pick-up truck if there's still an engine in the way and no floorpan? :lol:

Pretty much there isn't a point other than 'style.' I personally would file this as carbage.

I could post some minivans if you guys really want to see something more practical.

The Corvair trucks had the engine in the rear and still had usable bed space.

That Beetle isn't exactly a production vehicle. :lol:

It's a custom job, built for looks, so I'm sure they could box in the bed space it does have and relocate the fuel tank back to the front. But clearly it wasn't built for actual truck work, since it's so clearly inferior to front engine platforms. Even the Corvair truck had to box in the engine.

corvair-truck-2.jpg

VW did build pickup versions of their bus, but it also had to box in the engine, so it had high floors.

vwtruck.jpg

The Beetle is an even worse choice for a truck, since it's so much shorter than the bus. Most truck conversion end up looking like this:

beetletruck.jpg

So yeah, I think the yellow one on eBay is a pretty nice job, but could use a little more work. I think it would look good with a varnished wood bed floor.

I could post some minivans if you guys really want to see something more practical.
Hey now, it's my job to post lame shit! *shakes fist*

Der Stig and CrazyJeeper sent this to me - quite possibly the last remaining completely stock 5th gen Civic DX in North America that hasn't been ruined.

00R0R_1ydKm7qTEs5_1200x900.jpg

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5933772311.html

1992 Honda Civic DX 51K original miles - $3000

I have too many cars and am running out of space to park them at my house. Unfortunately this is the car I have to sell to make space. I had plans to make this my daily driver, but my situation has changed is the past couple months. Whoever will be buying this car will have a near perfect 1992 Civic.
I bought this car from my job, it belonged to an elder women who owned it the entire time. She had the maintenance done on time and had the car garage kept. When I purchased it I followed up on the maintenance and have it all up to date, including new tires.

The good of the car are many to list:
New tires
Paint condition near perfect
smooth ride
Oil Changed
All maintenance up to date
Clean title
No accidents
Car never sat for a long time, regularly driven

The bad:
There are couple spots where the paint was chipped, but I had it professionally touched up.
The front left of the bumper has a scrape marks.

Other than that the car is in great condition, and will last for a really long time if maintained. If you look at other civics similar to mine of craigslist, you'll see that some of them have around 300,000 miles and are still running. These civics are super reliable and fuel efficient. This is the best cash car you can get on Craigslist.

If you are interested in the car or have any further questions, call or text me, 972 eight zero four 0970, to reach me quickest. If I don't answer my phone please leave a voicemail and I will get to you asap. Make me an offer to come buy it right now.

Even still has the stock cassette head unit.

00i0i_2x8S4KJqdd9_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_1F5P0bRF3hw_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_j0ZoZCGdNWo_1200x900.jpg

00v0v_44BWNGGO7mv_1200x900.jpg

More pictures at link. Someone really should buy this and stick it in a museum.

Last edited:
What engine does it have? For that kinda mileage this is definitely worth a buy; it might not even cost you a lot of money if it's sitting around quite a lot. I'd say it's worth saving, as they are indeed fantastic cars. You wouldn't get one like this for that price over here.

And let's be honest, the steelies are sexy.

Der Stig and CrazyJeeper sent this to me - quite possibly the last remaining completely stock 5th gen Civic DX in North America that hasn't been ruined.

00R0R_1ydKm7qTEs5_1200x900.jpg

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5933772311.html

Even still has the stock cassette head unit.

00v0v_44BWNGGO7mv_1200x900.jpg

More pictures at link. Someone really should buy this and stick it in a museum.

Wow. That looks brand new. It really should be in a museum...shame that it will likely be bought by some younger people of a certain demographic that will ruin it stickers, a fart cannon exhaust, slammed to the ground, and stupid wheels. I suspect it being trashed within half a year and that would be a shame.

An adult who will not modify it should buy it and use it as a daily driver because if maintained it should last a really long time.

Wow. That looks brand new. It really should be in a museum...shame that it will likely be bought by some younger people of a certain demographic that will ruin it stickers, a fart cannon exhaust, slammed to the ground, and stupid wheels. I suspect it being trashed within half a year and that would be a shame.

An adult who will not modify it should buy it and use it as a daily driver because if maintained it should last a really long time.

I would love this but subjecting it to PA winters where the roads are 95% white with salt? No bueno.

Yeah, but have you seen Doug DeMuro's video about what it cost him to own an Aston for a year?
If not, check it out.

Don't get fooled by the price - the maintenance won't ... :D

Oh, I have no illusions about that. There are lots of expensive cars that get very cheap on the used market. Maintenance is always a nightmare on them. I can't think of any 6 figure cars that are cheap to own when they start getting old and affordable to people like me.

Oh, I have no illusions about that. There are lots of expensive cars that get very cheap on the used market. Maintenance is always a nightmare on them. I can't think of any 6 figure cars that are cheap to own when they start getting old and affordable to people like me.

There's one Aston that more or less is - because it's actually an XJS that's populated with Ford parts bin parts.

DB7%20i6%20Coupe-600.jpg

The I6 powered DB7 - engine and chassis by Jaguar, interior electrics and steering wheel by Ford (from the Taurus), etc., etc.