Forum-wide survey: How oomphy is your ride?

Yours is a US model, right? I'd love to have air conditioning! :lol: I heard from reddit, that when you turn it on you can actually feel the engine feeling more sluggish and have less to response?

This is why V8 conversions are done. :nod:

Yours is a US model, right? I'd love to have air conditioning! :lol: I heard from reddit, that when you turn it on you can actually feel the engine feeling more sluggish and have less to response?

Owner of a 92 Miata with AC. Can confirm.

Yup, and I don't know - the AC has not worked since I got it. Need to get it serviced, but I think fixing the fist sized rust hole in the wheel arch is a higher priority :D

All cars I ever owned are like this...none had more than 1.6 liters of displacement. :lol:
The 60hp, 1 liter Palio was the most noticeable.

power was not noticeably reduced when I turned on AC on my 2L CR140 TDI.. nor is it reduced on my m54b30 e60. It is on my '95 m3 though. It seems like car companies have newer AC that doesn't suck as much power from the engine as it used to..

power was not noticeably reduced when I turned on AC on my 2L CR140 TDI.. nor is it reduced on my m54b30 e60. It is on my '95 m3 though. It seems like car companies have newer AC that doesn't suck as much power from the engine as it used to..

Well, that too, but when you have enough torque/power, it is harder to notice.

2016 Renault Twingo
999 cc N/A I3 Petrol
52kW 91Nm
940kg

You can remove my Mercedes (sold as of couple hours ago), and instead add the A5, which is now properly mine for the time being:

2011 Audi A5 quattro
2967 cm?, turbocharged V6 diesel
176 kW, 500 Nm
1740 kg

You can remove my Mercedes (sold as of couple hours ago), and instead add the A5, which is now properly mine for the time being:

2011 Audi A5 quattro
2967 cm?, turbocharged V6 diesel
176 kW, 500 Nm
1740 kg
Pepitko seemingly has the same car, but different numbers for power and weight. Which one's the correct one?

Pepitko seemingly has the same car, but different numbers for power and weight. Which one's the correct one?

There is a 176kW and a 180kW variant of the 3.0 TDI, based on model years peptiko's should be the 176kW one while leviathan's could be either one.

Mine is a pre-facelift version, with 176 kW. I have the numbers from the Fahrzeugschein, so they should be correct. pepitko's car might be lighter if it's a manual (mine is S-Tronic), though I doubt it's over 100kg difference.

If you took the weight from your Fahrzeugschein as well, it is more than the manufacturer's promo material usually... (about 130 kg in my case)

In my experience this is normal for small 90s cars.

it's noticeable with any car that doesn't have a lot of power, until cars started using AC clutches that greatly reduce the drag on the engine and disable the AC on full throttle.

it's noticeable with any car that doesn't have a lot of power, until cars started using AC clutches that greatly reduce the drag on the engine and disable the AC on full throttle.
Owner of a 2013 69hp Citroen. Can confirm ;-)
Mine does a tiny jolt as the ac fan starts spinning

it was noticeable on my '83 Cougar 5.0.. 130hp/something like 220 ft-lb. It was noticeable in my '85 gti with a 2L 8v .. 110hp/~115 ft-lb. It was not very noticeable in my '09 CR140 TDI, and I don't notice much difference with my e60 m54b30 either. My '95 M3 with ~275hp is slower with the AC on though.. quite noticeable.

My 2014 Charger V6 needs to be removed as I have traded it in. My new Charger details are below.

2016 Dodge Charger 5.7L (5,654cc) V8, naturally aspirated, petrol, 8spd automatic, 370hp (280kw), 395tq (536nm), 4,264lbs (1,934kg)

2003 E 220 CDI to be removed

This to be added:

2007 Chevrolet Captiva, I4 turbodiesel, 110 kW, 320 Nm, 1990 cm3, 1910 kg, combined consumption 8,7 l/100 km