X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video: Motorvation - A FinalGear TV show about cars and people who own them

Greetings one and all!

Welcome to the discussion thread about a brand new show on the FinalGear TV channel, Motorvation (don't worry, it'll grow on you). The show aims to focus on the cooler parts of the Final Gear motor pool with each chosen participant getting a two video treatment.

Part one has to do with his MWF-ness reviewing the cars in editorial-style pieces, the very first one you can watch just below this wall of text, while part two is a short description of the car from the viewpoint of the owner. In this case, they are a restored 1989 BMW E30 325i and its owner nicjasno, respectively.

We hope to record one of these two-parters every few months, so do keep an eye on this thread, or better yet, subscribe to the FinalGear TV YouTube channel and stay in the loop! And now, without further ado...

And here's part #2!

Last edited by IceBone; May 24th, 2015, 4:02 PM.

Final Gear around the world care package
    discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Gotta see this

Comment

Originally posted by maxtortheone View Post
      Gotta see this
      seen it. I agree

nice work, guys! Only thing I'm not a fan of is the muted colour-palette - that is intentional, right?
      edit: Ha! you took good care of the product placement with the beer I see
      Last edited by eizbaer; May 23rd, 2015, 4:10 PM.
      2015 Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

Hehe, now with Top Gear off the air, it's nice to see the fanclub has started its own format

Matt seems to have a natural talent as a presenter (which I already noticed at last year's Ringmeet). Frankly I have no idea what he does for a living but this is something he should pursue.

I am still kinda torn in my opinion about those 80's 3-series. I know they were great cars for the time and I can fully understand the passion for them many seem to have. But for me they also always will be connected to the blokes who drove them - they were the genesis of BMW cocks, if you know what I mean... And I know that driving that thing in the rain is risky, to say the least. I once saw one of those spin out of control on the Autobahn for no apparent reason - only because the road was wet.

Still, great job on the video and even greater job on the car
        “If Liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" (George Orwell)

Comment

Great video with a good message and almost perfect execution. Guys, I'm really impressed.

Just a couple of (deserved) posts needed on Reddit, Jalopnik etc and it should bring in quite a few views.

Not the best looking BMW ever, btw. That's the E39 IMHO.
          M-B 560 SEC 1989 | M-B 300 SEL 1989

Comment

Yay!

Ever feel like throwing your hard-earned cash into a wood chipper? Well, then--you should give Team Porschelump money!
            ...- --- .-. ... .--. .-. ..- -. --. / -.. ..- .-. -.-. .... / .--. ..- ..-. ..-. .- .-.. ..- -- .--. .-.-.- /

Comment

Better quality than when Top Gear started out, so if that's anything to go by, well done!
              Really nice first effort, few friendly niggles but that doesn't matter now.

Looking forward to the next ones.

Also, where's Matt Farah for some cross promotion?

Worth it when he shows up.

Comment

Looking forward to part two.
                This was great, but there's something about seeing car-people's attachment to their particular car that is what I enjoy.

Comment

That rocked! Looking forward to part 2.
                  "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
                  -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Loved it. Congrats to those involved (car and video).
                    Shop Finalgear * Track your Euro bills

Comment

Wow guys.. well done.
                      "My laptop has a webcam; if I wanted to make money while making a mess, I'd be all over the internet. Hell, you'd probably have videos of me bookmarked."
                      ~Klutch~

“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”
                      ~Ernest Hemingway~

It's all about having the right priorities. You can sleep in your car but you can't race your house -|- Basically i go accurately and on special lines

Comment

<Ice> Oh, you're the kiddy anime guy.
                        "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were."
                        — John F. Kennedy

Comment

Yeah, good work. Really well done.

I'd like to point out though that the DS had all of those things except ABS.
                          2014 Opel Insignia Country Tourer Biturbo CDTI 4x4
                          For once I don't have the same car as everyone else.

Comment

Yes, but it wasn't a small entry level hatchback.

Final Gear around the world care package
                            discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Moar please! Well done.

Comment

Woo, it's finally here! great job guys, love it, and looking forward to part 2, and all the other projects you have planned.
                                Had no idea that this was such a big project in the making, keep it up!

And of course, Croatia is always welcome to lend our roads for some filming

Comment

I'm genuinely humbled by everyone's comments. Thank you all. It was in the pipeline before Clarkson grenaded Top Gear but that was just the impulse we needed to do it. We've learned lessons from the first attempt so hopefully the next ones will be a bit more slick and professional,
                                  WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Good work on all fronts, nicely thought out and presented! I'm definitely looking forward to see where this develops.

In the next episodes I'd just like to see more colour a maybe a little faster pace - some of the pauses felt half-a-second too long.

Comment

Well, you've done a pretty good job at sounding like a professional TV presenter already. I can't decide if you and your choice of metaphors, mannerisms and such sound most like Needell, like Plato, or like Hammond. Perhaps it's a just British thing.

But nonetheless good work.

Comment

You watched a middle aged office supplies salesman do his first ever stuff sober on camera shot in about 5 hours.

We promise the subsequent stuff will be a lot better.
                                        WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Working...
                                        X