X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchi View Post
    offtopic - would like to see that?
    Sure, here it is:

Also occasionally some nice cars in there (I always had a knack for 1970's big Opels).
    Last edited by MacGuffin; July 27th, 2015, 3:29 AM.
    “If Liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" (George Orwell)

Comment

Thanks, interesting.

Viva la Targa!

"Anybody who accuses this of being a girl car, needs to get into a Miata or Fiata on a back road. This is the most fun you can have in a car - without a girl in it." - Jason Cammisa about the ND platform
      "Changing gear is a vital form of self-expression that I'm being denied." - Richard Hammond on the Gen 4 Clio RS
      "These cars remind us, what driving - and in a wider sense, what motoring is all about. It's about the sensation of controlling a machine - not the speed with which you cover ground." - Chris Harris on the Caterham Seven and the purity of driving

Comment

IN THE BANK

Shop Finalgear * Finalgear folding@home * Track your Euro bills

Comment

Been too long, but here's video #2. We now have our own youtube channel and will be posting there from now on.

Or if you want to help us get views on the site, click here: http://www.mattonmotors.com/olds-cool/

Final Gear around the world care package
          discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Originally posted by IceBone View Post
            [...]
            awesome.

beautiful language - milk&water - baseball vs. football - best god in show

Comment

I've just realised you already got 68k views on the E30 video - congratz!

Viva la Targa!

"Anybody who accuses this of being a girl car, needs to get into a Miata or Fiata on a back road. This is the most fun you can have in a car - without a girl in it." - Jason Cammisa about the ND platform
              "Changing gear is a vital form of self-expression that I'm being denied." - Richard Hammond on the Gen 4 Clio RS
              "These cars remind us, what driving - and in a wider sense, what motoring is all about. It's about the sensation of controlling a machine - not the speed with which you cover ground." - Chris Harris on the Caterham Seven and the purity of driving

Comment

I really liked that guy. I would like to have a drink with him.

Comments on the video later, when I'm not on my phone.

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

That's a great episode, a couple of dapper chaps in an old car

A lot of pause in conversation though, the owner seems to drive the car, and the conversation, i'd have figured that'd be the hosts job.

But the camera work and such is great in this one, a bit hard to hear the conversation. Though it's a loud car...

"Vikings don't rape and pillage anymore, they drive like warriors instead."

Comment

I loved it, what a fascinating car and a great bloke, he comes across to me as a more interesting equivalent to Dick Strawbridge with a Smart, an old ambulance and a 300C on axle stands on the driveway. I feel like I've really learnt something too with the facts about the T only having a transmission brake from the factory and there being no lead in the petrol at the time.

Matt did seem to fail with the pumping at the start but with the brilliant combination of that beard, the goggles and the flying helmet I have to let him off. Liked the camera work and the whole thing seemed nice and natural to me.

Comment

Thanks, guys!

I tried to strike a good balance between showing off the car and having good flow in the video. I personally really hate it when a video is really short and doesn't show off what it's trying to show. Just a few beauty shots and then conclusion. I tried to avoid that. Maybe there as slightly too much pause, but then you did get to listen to that engine note.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemily View Post
                        That's a great episode, a couple of dapper chaps in an old car

A lot of pause in conversation though, the owner seems to drive the car, and the conversation, i'd have figured that'd be the hosts job.

But the camera work and such is great in this one, a bit hard to hear the conversation. Though it's a loud car...
                        Agreed. There was too much silence at times which sort of interrupted the flow.

Great cinematography though.
                        My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                        There is no replacement for displacement.
                        - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                        ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
                        - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

Thanks guys. Still on a learning curve but we will get there.
                          WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Yeah, like I said, I didn't want the video to lack visuals.

Comment

Also please make sure to take my feedback as constructive criticism and not just criticism. It was a great video and you guys are doing good work! It's already high quality. I'm just pointing out what I feel are weak points so that your future videos can be even better.
                              My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                              There is no replacement for displacement.
                              - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                              ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
                              - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

Yeah, no biggie. The next one will be better. We'll get better footage that will be easier to edit too.

Comment

Looks great! Are there subtitles for some of the windier/quieter bits?
                                  "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
                                  -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Youtube itself actually tried auto subtitles. I'll see if I can quickly modify them.

Comment

Great job everyone involved! The car was amazing, looked like a ton of fun even at the passenger seat

Comment

Subtitles are finished and enabled.

Comment

Thank you Ice! I'll share the sentiment of everyone else, great job, loved the cinematography, but the driving scene felt long-winded. Maybe splice bits of the interview next time around? I'm just saying. Please don't think I am hating on the vid, just pointing small areas where it can be improved.

<Ice> Oh, you're the kiddy anime guy.
                                          "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were."
                                          — John F. Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                                          X