Ford Fusion or Elantra GT?

jebjeb

Car(s)
03 F150 Blown motor, 05 FX35, 13 Accord
So my 2013 Accord was destroyed by hail this past week so going car shopping this weekend. Main 2 contenders are a 2014 Ford Fusion titanium AWD with all the options and 18k miles for $20k Or a 2016 Elantra GT $26k before dealer discounts.

I loved my old f150 and I beat the hell out of it with no issues(until the motor blew after 18k miles between oil change). I am much better maintenance wise with the Infiniti and was with the Honda before 5in blocks of ice rained from the sky.

I have never owned a car with a turbo, so I am a bit worried about that. I am very DIY as long as it can be done with a normal home owners tool set.

Anyone own either and how has it been?

Last edited:
I will be at huffines tomorrow at noon ish to test the Etantra will give it a look. Any input on the other 2? Also how did you fair in the storm? I have 40k in home/content damage and 2013 accord and 2015 dodge dart totaled.

Didn't do too bad. My complex needs some roof repair, I am told, and while my Bronco and 919 were outside, the Bronco is made of sterner stuff (not to mention heavier gauge sheet metal) and was undamaged. The 919 was under cover on three sides and the Bronco blocked it from hail on the other two so it's fine. Everything else was safely indoors.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, the Fusion and the Elantra aren't in the same class anyway. In their classes, they're both pretty good choices.

Well we did a complete 180 and wife picked a Ford Escape

Too late to this party, but I bought a 2014 Fusion Titanium in December in Kimberley, BC; 25,000 km on the clock for a tick under $25k (ex-Enterprise rental). Traded in my 2005 Grand Am which paid for the winter tyres I then bought. It's been fine so far, no issues :)

Off topic, but I ADORE Kimberley. I wanted to take a job in Cranbrook and move to Kimberley... that didn't go so well with the better half

Off topic, but I ADORE Kimberley. I wanted to take a job in Cranbrook and move to Kimberley... that didn't go so well with the better half

Yep, it is. I was in Abbotsford but moved to near Fernie a couple of years ago...I put Cranbrook as my location since it's the closest big city, lol

Back to the topic; mine came with the 19" wheel options and I elected to drop down to 17's for my winters as the pricing for 19's were ridiculous.

Last edited: