Buying advice - Mercedes vs. BMW

She doesn't want a very large car. She lives downtown so it should be easy to park.

Plus, it's her car. I'm not pushing my taste on her.

The 3 Series is 6cm shorter.

She test drove the C Class and liked it better. But apparently it's also 10k more than the 3-series, which is hard to justify. I asked if she had considered the XC60 plug in hybrid, and she said she doesn't want one because 80% of her colleagues at work have one.

I then suggested a fully loaded A3. I played with the configurator a little and damn you can make those expensive!

Out of these two I'd definitely definitely opt for the Mercedes based on the looks alone. The C-Klasse's interior is a really nice place to be and the exterior isn't looking too shabby, especially in the red or blue metallic, with AMG bodykit and AMG wheels.

Current BMW interior design is a fugly mess of trapezoids and the exteriors show how unsure the designers are since Bangle's departure.

This

I don't know how it is in NL but in Denmark the dealer experience is also better with Mercedes IMO.

I think the Mercedes is generally also perceived as having a little higher status by the general public if that matters to her...

I?ve been in a 330e as a passenger and it seemed to be a really fun car to drive sideways. That?s probably not what she is buying the car for, and as the C-class is more relaxed and comfortable I would recommend it. I can?t understand why anyone would want a very expensive Audi A3 but maybe that?s just me. You can always make an expensive Mercedes-Benz A-class or BMW 1- (or 2-) series as well. Not that it would make any more sense than the A3.

She also tried the Mercedes B class and hated it. I couldn't help it but suggest the new S90. It's surprisingly cheap compared to the C Class.

I could see many, many reasons for buying the S90 over C-class (or similar) if it is as good as it should be, however...
What happened to the "She doesn't want a very large car. She lives downtown so it should be easy to park" ? :mrgreen:

She is getting the 330e. Thanks for the input, everyone. Now she is wondering whether to get the standard model or the M-sport kit.

Last edited:
M packages always have a way better value when selling the car - depends if the upcharge for it is a lot or not.

Push her towards the Msport package. Anything you can do to nudge her towards actually enjoying driving is worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Turn off the tapatalk thing.

There was an update sometime back.