First VAG's Defeat Device, now the truck buiders are at it!

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
It seems a host of European truck builders have been colluding over prices for the last 14 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36832521

I guess we shouldn't be surprised as this is how the corporate world functions but it doesn't seem as if any of these fines and sanctions ever act as a deterrent.

Wankers!

It's not the first time, the whole thing was under investigation in 2006 when I worked at the Volvo Trucks foundry in Sk?vde. Nothing happened back then (nothing major at least) and I have a sneaking suspicion that the same will happen this time.

This part is weird

"These truck makers colluded for 14 years on truck pricing and on passing on the costs of compliance with stricter emission rules," the EU statement said.
Obviously stricter emissions rules means more stuff needed (Adblue, SCR, magic) which means more costs, which must be passed to the customer.

Nothing happened back then (nothing major at least) and I have a sneaking suspicion that the same will happen this time.
Yep - core industry too important for everyone involved to faff with. I'll get the rug.

Last edited: