Un-pimp the auto

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
Carbage to Car Show is the name of the game here.

Ever see some Carbage and think to yourself, "That can be saved?" Here's the place to post it up. Any Carbage that you find that is worth saving post it here; it could be online ads or something you see in person. Post a photo (or photos) and explain how you would take it from Carbage to Car-Show. If you aren't sure how to go about saving that Carbage, post it as a challenge for others to try.

To start: A 1971 Buick Riviera found on my local Craigslist equivalent

o1eSb7i.jpg

JfYWnxV.jpg

5kN1mit.jpg

RHcxWQp.jpg

Classy hood "art"

7M0epvN.jpg

Rescue Plan:

The rims have got to go, obviously. I am thinking an 18" black or graphite alloy that has a bit of dish to it, but not crazy. Although the base red paint isn't terrible, I don't think it can be saved with how they did the roof and hood. The blacked out trim is nice and I would keep that, but the main car would need to be repainted in a similar, but more subtle color. The roof I would do in a matte or satin black and tint the windows - especially the rear glass, which would be like a greenhouse in the summer. The stance would need to be raised just a hair, but I actually like the look of a lowered Riviera, so I would not return it to stock; it does need enough ride height to be driven on the roads and ride well, but not so high that it looks silly or has excessive body lean.

Mechanically, make sure everything is in good working order, possibly swap out bushings and maybe upgrade the anti roll bars to counter all that OEM body lean. Engine, I'm not interested in big power, but if there are things to be done to get a little more out of the power plant, that is a possibility

Interior: Hopefully it isn't totally pimped out. Recovering the seats, possibly carpets if they are needed, and removing any bling that was tacked on will be the big stuff. I'm guessing the headliner will probably need to be replaced and it will need a thorough cleaning.

Last edited:
I love the overspray on the driveway. Probably painted with a rattle can.

:blink:

I love the overspray on the driveway. Probably painted with a rattle can.

With the side shot, you can see the uneven-ness of the crappy paint job.

Sorry, I should have said the base paint color isn't that bad. The application is garbage.

That. Is. Hilarious.

I like the color, but pisspoor execution and the hood needs to go the same way as the wheels, to the trash. That poor poor Rivi..