Have you ever sold a car because you didn't like how it drives

orderly

I really hate how my car drives. a 2008 infinitiG. It feels like an engineering disaster out on the road to be honest. Everything is so clunky and rickety, it reminds me of an early 00s Chrysler product. The car is so stubborn in how it behaves out on the road and it never listens to driver inputs. The transmission is probably the worst automatic I've ever driven. Extremely unintuitive, never listens to inputs, the programming is horrible and CONSTANTLY hunts for gears and cuts off power, and the shifting is extremely jerky. The steering feels like a fisher price toy. The wheel follows every little line, crease, and crack in the pavement so horribly to the point where it becomes a safety issue. The brakes on my bicycle give me more confidence to stop in time. The brakes on my bicycle are also smoother and more refined. Low end torque is non-existent and the powerband is extremely lumpy and sloppy. The car needs to be revved out extremely hard for simple maneuvers, and it feels heavy, sluggish, and bogged down. When pulling out onto a roadway, I need to go 75% throttle and ring the engine out just to avoid being run over. Not even my old Civic needed that much revving just to match traffic flow. I thought those days were over being that this car has 306 horses. The interior is cheap with heavy use of hard touch plastics that are prone to scratching, warping, rattling, etc. The car always feels like it's working extremely hard, as in requires a ton of force just to stop from 2-0 mph or requires revs to exceed 4,000 rpm just to keep up with the minivan in front of me.

Really, I just hate driving this car. I spent over $1,000 on brand new tires, brakes, and an alignment. It fixed absolutely nothing. I hate getting behind the wheel and I try to avoid driving as much as possible. I often times wish I had a lighter, more responsive, more solid and more predictable feeling car.

I take good care of it and it hasn't needed anything. It has no problems, there is nothing wrong with it. A/C blows ice cold. Which is why I can't really bring myself to sell it and get something else. It seems wrong to me to sell a car that has no problems. What do you think. Should I sell it?

If you have an infiniti and want to talk smack on me about how great of a car it is...I invite you to go somewhere else.

It sounds like you have problems with the powertrain and the suspension that you have yet to get diagnosed. A G3x in good condition should not actually drive like this, automatic or not.

I second Spectre, I have driven a couple of Gs and they did not behave as you describe.

Was that Infiniti bought used? Was it in an accident? I third Spectre here. I suspect suspension and drivetrain issues as well. The power and issue sounds like a combination of the engine being tired already and needing a full tuneup and fluid flush. The '05 and '09 G I drove both were quite responsive to the throttle.

The interior though I will agree that some of the plastics are a bit meh and feel cheap and have their finish wear off.

*edit* Oh and yes I sold a couple of cars I hated to drive. A 90's Lexus ES & 2013 Ford Focus with the shit DCT trans.

Last edited: