Rotary Engine discussion

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rinse, dry, repeat.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

justin syder said:
well my opinion on rotary engines, shit , it looks like a washer maching.

laundry_dryers.jpg

pistons pump!! rotarys rinse, dry, repeat. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:roll: are you trying to look dumb?

you did a great job...

Its cool. You should hear how it sounds like all the way to 9.5k RPM on the renesis.

ZOOM-ZOOM

Uh, money? :lol:

Exactly.. :wink:

don't forget that I'm young! heck insurances would rape me to death if I had a brand new RX-8 :shock:

Renesis said:
Exactly.. :wink:

don't forget that I'm young! heck insurances would rape me to death if I had a brand new RX-8 :shock:

How old are you? I'm 20. I'm waiting until I'm 21 (end of july) to get mine as insurance drops 25%.

how can you afford a 40k car at 20!? :shock:

I'm 16 btw so all I can do is dream about it.

wankel engines are good but yet not as good as the ordinary engines....they have some advantages but also great disadvantages...this type of engine is the best for consuming hydrogen so when the oil crises really arrives we will all want an rx-8 but untill then..

($40k canadian, right? In the US it is going to cost a tad over $30k with tax and title.)
I have some very nice parents. The deal we worked out is I pay 10% of the total cost, insurance, parking, and gas. They pay the rest as my 21st and 22nd birthday presents, my university graduation present, and my christmas present this christmas.

And as far as wankel disadvantages, I would say there are only two of them that are currently relevant (many perceived disadvantages are left over from rotary technology of the 70's and 80's and have been long fixed) they are: lack of low end torque and relatively poor gas mileage.

Some people say reliability is a major issue, but a lot of that is just FUD... wankels have fewer moving parts so there are fewer things that can go wrong. Just make sure you keep it filled with oil.

I'd add flooding to the list.

And BTW you're cheating! I knew you couldn't aford such a car at 20! Having rich parents must be cool..

Flooding is an issue of the RX-8, but there is doubt as to whether it is the rotary engine in general that is causing it. Many people think that it is actually a bug in the ECU. In fact, Mazda released a patch to the firmware (version M) and so far nobody (on RX-8 Club at least) has reported flooding with the M patch, so it seems to be something that was solved.

don't rotary engines go through oil by the litre? i read in the latest issue of CAR that their RX8 went through 6 litres of oil in 6000 miles