From Russia with love. The fastest armored 4x4 vehicle!

pdanev

Forum Addict
Courtesy: allcarnews.com

692.jpg

684.jpg

681.jpg

682.jpg

695.jpg

From Russia with love. The fastest armoring 4x4 vehicle in the world Combat T98.
Published: November 19th, 2005

The Combat T-98 is a new Russian ? Combat armoring group? project, which is located on military factory in St. Petersburg, Russia.
The Combat vehicle collects all the 17 years experience in the armoring vehicles and luxury cars market.

Now Combat is the fastest armoring all-road vehicle in the world with the unique protection capabilities from level B2 to the highest level - B7, or what is more, it includes protection from 12,7 mm bullet. We have two base versions of the Combat T-98.

For the custom market it is Combat T-98, ?VIP?. It is based on GM components, including 8.1l engine, Allison transmission and GM HD suspensions. The vehicle has no frame and monocoque double steel body. On the highest protection level we use ceramic between steel layers. All the ?VIP? Combats have full options, natural leather and wood in the interior.

?Utility? Combat is for the special operation with a few types of Off-road COMBAT body characteristics are provided by the quality and reliability of latest General Motors Company component parts. The latest achievements of car industry were used in production of this car. The comfort is provided by the usage of high-quality materials and modern electronic equipment.

The armored body - is personal pride of our group. Reached by means of hi-quality Germany bulletproof steels, the body is extraordinary strong. COMBAT has the double body made on the base "metal-ceramic sandwich with cellular filler" technology. This technology allows obtaining high-level protection in comparison with modern civil armored cars. It is impossible to mount such armor, even on so famed car as HUMMER. 50mm glass bears the shot of shotgun with armor-piercing bullet. COMBAT has a protection against mines blasts and in any performance is able to stand the ram.

SPECIFICATIONS & PERFORMANCE DATA

Hard Top( B6 level)
St. Wagon (B6 level)

Curb weight (base model)
3750 kg
4150 kg

GVWR
5000 kg
5150 kg

LENGTH
5150 mm
5350 mm

HEIGHT
1950 mm
2100 mm

WIDT
2100 mm
2100 mm

WEELBASE
3400 mm
3500 mm

ENGINE
VORTEC 8100 V8

340 HP@ 4200rpm

Torque 455 lb.-ft.@ 3200 rpm

DURAMAX TURBO DIESEL 6600 V8

300HP@ 3100rpm

Torque 520 lb.-ft @ 1800 rpm

GROUND CLEARENS
300 mm

TRACK WIDTH
1760 mm

TRANSMISSION
ALLISON 1000 5-speed automatic

TRANSFER CASE
AUTOTRAC 4WD 2- speed

FUEL CAPASITY
140 l.

ELECTRICL
12 volt, 105 amp alternator

SPEED
180 km/h (111 Miles/hour)

SUSPENSIONS:

Independent front suspension with torsion bars and stabilizer bar.
Rear suspension with two stage multileaf springs
Rear locking differential
BRACK:

Front and rear discs brake diameter 12,8inch and 4-wheels antilock disc-brake
DRP-Dynamic Rear Proportioning as part of standard 4-wheel ABS, DRP recognizes rear brake lockup and regulates the pressure applied to the rear brakes.
WHEELS & TIRES

17 inch or 20 inch (options) high strength aluminum wheels
315/70 R17 or 325/60R20 ALL TERRAIN BF Goodrich
INTERIOR

custom leader interior
Dual zone climate control
Satellite radio and 6 disc CD changer
DVD and TV (options)
2 Airbags
Cruise control
Steering wheel controls ? adjusting stereo, CD player and driver information?s center, the feature is also included with the available one-year On Star safe and sound package.
Automatic headlamps senses a low-light or nighttime driving condition , the headlamps and tail lamps turn on automatically
8-way power seats with custom leather
Dashboard and instrument panel Chevrolet Suburban it specialty for provide serves and diagnostics on the standard GM equipment
EXTERIOR

No frame armoring steel fully welded body
Composite fiberglass hood
Heavy duty front and rear bumpers
Hi quality custom painting
The exterior mirrors include a turn signal , power folding function and heated, ground illumination feature
Remote keyless entry
OPTIONS

long wheel base
custom interior design
auxiliary engine heater ?VEBASTO?
Bi- Xenon main light
Front mounted winch
Entertainment by custom order

This isn't a 4x4, this is a fucking tank. :lol:

it goes 111mph, it looks cool and everything. but its not exactly all that quick.

I like the original better. I'm actually surprised that I haven't seen the GAZ Tigr in a Rap video yet.

tigr-002.jpg

Look at the weight of it :shock: :shock: I think it's quite difficult to get such an heavy vehicle with only 340bhp to 111mph.

wow, that car does look agressive, kind of like the hummer... big heavy all terrain vehicle .... might even be better in terms of drivability, I'd love Top Gear to do a review on it .. especially JC, because he did a review on the hummer.

vladmitu said:
wow, that car does look agressive, kind of like the hummer... big heavy all terrain vehicle .... might even be better in terms of drivability, I'd love Top Gear to do a review on it .. especially JC, because he did a review on the hummer.
basically it is. Its got most of its parts from GM, and knowing that, its probably based on the Suburban/Yukon platform since thats the biggest that they make. and i'm pretty sure that that Duramax engine was available for the H1. and the tranny is the same as well. and you'll notice that they say this:
Dashboard and instrument panel Chevrolet Suburban it specialty for provide serves and diagnostics on the standard GM equipment

jayjaya29 said:
Its a f-ing tank! Why do you need one of these?

Nobody (well, maybe a select few) really needs it, but want? Hell yeah. First monstrosity in a while that makes a Lamborghini LM look girly. I can feel my chest hair grow just by looking at it.

4x4 is so pass?... What the modern businessman needs is one of these 8x8.

30 mm APFSDS rounds? No problem.
Power is 360kW, torque 1,974 Nm.
Machine guns, LAWs and automated mortar systems optional.

And just imagine the size of the wheels you could fit under this baby :mrgreen:

patria5.jpg

I saw on of these on the motorway overtaking trucks at over 100 km/h. It may not be that fast, but you can always take the "scenic route", as it swims.

hajj said:
Look at the weight of it :shock: :shock: I think it's quite difficult to get such an heavy vehicle with only 340bhp to 111mph.
weight isn't as important to speed as friction and wind resistance. it will surely not accelerate very fast, but the speed should be there. i bet trains have a much worse power to weight ratio and they still go much faster thanks to very low friction and aerodynamic shapes.

ryosuke said:
hajj said:
weight isn't as important to speed as friction and wind resistance. it will surely not accelerate very fast, but the speed should be there. i bet trains have a much worse power to weight ratio and they still go much faster thanks to very low friction and aerodynamic shapes.

Yes you are right wind resistance and friction are more important, than the weight. But I dont think that either of those will be very low here ;) But surely it could reach that speed. :thumbsup:

12.8 inch disc aren't that big. That's family car size. I'd hate to stop that thing in a hurry.

Wheres the FinalGear Cool Wall gone :lol:

Hell all this thing needs is a big water cannon and side-mounted mini guns :mrgreen:

aqualung said:
patria5.jpg

I saw one of these on the motorway overtaking trucks at over 100 km/h. It may not be that fast, but you can always take the "scenic route", as it swims.

there is no way that thing is street legal.....

and the kombat reminds me of an lm002...another tank!

osabros said:
aqualung said:
patria5.jpg

I saw one of these on the motorway overtaking trucks at over 100 km/h. It may not be that fast, but you can always take the "scenic route", as it swims.

there is no way that thing is street legal.....

and the kombat reminds me of an lm002...another tank!

The LM002 had a vital difference though, it had a Countach V12!!