The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Internet regulations require this to be posted:

3bb9f85f4663ac3b5cf466bd5929db1b460213e39f83fa21084f0521d0210389.jpg

Hey it works-ish! And I knew it was like that already (like that makes it better :lol: ).

But yes, I've gone full retard and got a '10 Multistrada 1200 S Sport with 22k on it.

iGls89F.jpg

Full house!
bwwpbnQ.jpg

Can't sleep because I'm too damn excited to terrorize my neighbors with the catless Termi :evil:

Last edited:
Holy shit, I don't catch up for a few weeks and everyone has new bikes? Congrats all!!

Can't sleep because I'm too damn excited to terrorize my neighbors with the catless Termi :evil:

... which is held on by just one bolt and is wobbling around so badly that the previous owner had to bend the thing's bracket so it would stop rubbing the tire.

Me, I'm waiting to find out if it melts that right rear turn signal. :p

Holy shit, I don't catch up for a few weeks and everyone has new bikes? Congrats all!!

Thanks!

... which is held on by just one bolt and is wobbling around so badly that the previous owner had to bend the thing's bracket so it would stop rubbing the tire.

Superleggera! :p

That is the Italian way. They still sound brilliant and ride like a dream (just don't try to use the rear brake too much, the exhaust boils the fluid). Despite the flaws in Ducati, I completely understand why people love them.

I have been informed that parts are in fact falling off the Multistrada already.

Not even a full day of ownership and bits are falling off.

Last edited:
A true sports bike, it actively makes itself lighter for speed.

- - - Updated - - -

On an unrelated topic, my butt is far from iron. Four hours on the road and I struggled to sit.

I have been informed that parts are in fact falling off the Multistrada already.

Not even a full day of ownership and bits are falling off.

Hey, it didn't fall off, it's still attached! :shakefist: :lol:

520 odd miles into 2,100 mile journey. Going to hit the twisties today and hopefully actually get this engine over 7k RPM where the insanity happens.

Is insanity code for fall apart? :p :tease:

Aww, er, if anything does rub on the turn signal, you can be really careful with a dremel and polish it up. *shuffles feet*

Must be Rossi's crazier Harley riding American cousin.

Is insanity code for fall apart? :p :tease:

Not yet! But I did discover that the PO left the oil filter one and a half turns off. Nearly shit myself when it was raining and it looked like the Exxon Valdez. Took the skid plates off and tightened it back up, all is well again. Delayed our progress a little though.

Aww, er, if anything does rub on the turn signal, you can be really careful with a dremel and polish it up. *shuffles feet*

Yeah, it has a few rubber marks on it hah. The other one has turned brown from the exhaust :lol:

Not yet! But I did discover that the PO left the oil filter one and a half turns off. Nearly shit myself when it was raining and it looked like the Exxon Valdez. Took the skid plates off and tightened it back up, all is well again. Delayed our progress a little though.

Considering it sat and idled for about 10 minutes when you picked it up and it didn't leak then or when we ate at the CFA after, I'm thinking that the owner didn't leave it loose. I'm thinking it vibrated off.

The Harley rider was impressive - including the save - but the camera rider was a jackass for following so closely. But it made for an awesome video and the Harley guy didn't seem to care at the end.

Indeed.
He made a good job of handling that Harley.

Considering it sat and idled for about 10 minutes when you picked it up and it didn't leak then or when we ate at the CFA after, I'm thinking that the owner didn't leave it loose. I'm thinking it vibrated off.

Could be, I'll be keeping an eye on it. Today's casualty was a shifter linkage bolt which left me in second for 20 miles before civilization. Fortunately, the Ace Harware out in Gunnsion had the right ones. Got 4 of them and blue loctited it into place.

Also met the Colorado State trooper good cop/bad cop team on a mountain pass. :lol:

Got off with a warning, but popped my cherry of being pulled over on the bike. 57 in a 45, for the record.

And my Seam Grip job I did on the Roadcrafter was worthless. Been getting a good bit of rain over the past few days resulting in a very dirty Duc.

Last edited: