The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectre

I just ordered a ton of Chinese 194s, IIRC. Maybe Spectre remembers the vendor.

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
    Ducati Multistrada 1200S
    Cars: Lexus GX470 Jaguar XJR

Comment

I'm thinking about these: https://www.amazon.com/Philips-12791.../dp/B017VORB7M because they have a diffuser on them and there is no LED pointed straight out. I'm worried that many of the other replacements will make bright spots and uneven lighting on the dash.

No trees were killed in the transmission of this message;
      but a stupendous number of photons and electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I have had good luck with this eBay supplier, speedlife2011. https://www.ebay.com/itm/SL-20x-T10-...gAAOSw0TxZZzai

IIRC, that's the supplier I recommended to Der Stig. The above actually has the double sided contacts that are very important - and the design allows much better lateral light than the Philips one can generate. Honda's IP lighting typically is piped from the sides of the bulb and there's a cap or shield in the bulb cavity preventing forward lighting and visual (but not thermal) hotspots. You need bright perimeter lighting to feed the light pipes.

I have used these extensively in my cars and this set is currently in my 919's instrument pod.

Last edited by Spectre; August 4th, 2018, 7:23 AM.

Comment

I had the brilliant idea to take my motorcycle to go meet a friend of mine for lunch downtown today, with my 7 year old daughter riding backseat.

The weather was not too bad when we left home, but on the way back, it reached 41° C with the humidity factor (105 F in Freedom unit).

I was wearing my black leather jacket, and my daughter was wearing a textile jacket that severely lacks ventilation. And downtown is a mess of construction everywhere, so the ride back took twice as long as it should have.

It got to the point where I started riding in a way I never do, taking a lane that go straight at an intersection and turning double file, cutting in front of other cars just before intersections to cut a few minutes at every chance.

I need :

- To plan ahead better for that kind of weather when I have my daughter with me.
          - To get her a mesh jacket or something with more ventilation than what she has.
          Last edited by RdKetchup; August 28th, 2018, 7:19 PM.
          - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

Roadtrip-style riding for the win.

Comment

Or you know, what riding a bike is like in Europe. That's pretty much SOP around here.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
              I reject your reality and substitute my own!
              Why is Denis Leary a star while Bill Hicks is unknown? Because there's no cure for cancer.
              Racing is the only real sport. Everything else is just a game.
              In engineering terms, you really cant have "brilliant, apart from ..." I mean, the Titanic was brilliant, apart from its crappy rudder

Comment

Just got back from a fairly epic 3 day trip - and I'm thinking of selling the ST1300 for a Multistrada.

Comment

Originally posted by Blind_Io View Post
                  Just got back from a fairly epic 3 day trip - and I'm thinking of selling the ST1300 for a Multistrada.
                  Do you have a bunch of disposable income to dispose of into your Multistrada? Ask Der Stig about how his is requiring wheelbarrows of money at regular intervals.

Comment

I have quite a few friends here (most of them actually) who ride and wrench on their own Mulitstradas. The ST1300 is a great bike, especially the way this one has been done up by the previous owner, but it would be nice to drop about 200# of weight. On this trip I was riding the ST1300 about as hard as one can be ridden.

Comment

It’s worth it. Only thing I wish mine had was cruise control. I’m just too cheap to shell out another $1000 for the Tuneboy module.

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
                      Ducati Multistrada 1200S
                      Cars: Lexus GX470 Jaguar XJR

Comment

Working...
                      X