Rubbikes

Cryptopygia

The Eastern state where you can't fill your tank
Car(s)
Whichever car is still working
We have a Carbage thread, but bikes are not immune to tasteless modifications...

To start, this thing...

Some of them are even tasteless from the factory :whistle:

2008_Hayabusa_stat.jpg

I was just implying that the Hayabusa is as ugly as a turd and already looks like someone who shouldn't design anything had, had his way with it.

Last edited:
I was just implying that the Hayabusa is as ugly as a turd and already looks like someone who shouldn't design anything had, had his way with it.

It may be ugly, but in the Busa's defense, it was designed to be as aerodynamically slippery as possible (You have to remember that the original Hayabusa is still the fastest stock motorcycle on record, at 194 mph). So ugly, but functional.

Unfortunately, Busas attract squids like magnets...

I know it's designed to be functional. The problem just is that this was its competition back then:

zx12.jpg

And yes. The Hayabusa brand is a little like iPhone is for people who don't know anything about phones.

It may be ugly, but in the Busa's defense, it was designed to be as aerodynamically slippery as possible (You have to remember that the original Hayabusa is still the fastest stock motorcycle on record, at 194 mph). So ugly, but functional.

Unfortunately, Busas attract squids like magnets...

Actually, at the time, 212mph. They later limited it through gearing changes and a speed limiter.

As one magazine writer put it, "We all thought that the Hayabusa was a remarkably ugly motorcycle - until we found out that that's what a 212mph motorcycle looked like."

And let's face it, the competition in that space post-Busa isn't exactly pretty either.
kawasaki-ninja-zx-14-monster-energy-01.jpg

Still much better than the busa....

Jesus Christ how horrifying. That headlight ... and intake?!

More proof that "painted" translates to "crashed".

Jesus Christ how horrifying. That headlight ... and intake?!

Not to mention the exhaust pointed directly at the rear tire. :blink:

Just spotted.

yIxkpb0.jpg

Must be bike nite down town.

Honest question: if he hits a pothole or speed bump at any significant velocity, is it likely for the bike to tip up on the front wheel and crash? That is a huge moment arm hanging out back there.

Honest question: if he hits a pothole or speed bump at any significant velocity, is it likely for the bike to tip up on the front wheel and crash? That is a huge moment arm hanging out back there.

I don't think so - a more pressing concern would be actually turning. Bike rear suspensions are pretty compliant.