My 2004 SEAT Ibiza - aka the mighty Failbiza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof Photo Posted My 2004 SEAT Ibiza - aka the mighty Failbiza

I bought it in 2004 quite spontaneously, because my old Mitsubishi Colt (Mirage) C50 broke down and I needed a car.

It´s a 75 PS 1.4 16V Ibiza 6L "Signo"

(for those of you that don´t know SEAT: spanish VW daughter, it´s basically a better looking more sporty Polo )

It came with:

Electric windows in the front, fold-away back windows , power locking with remote, climatronic, fog lights, mini computer (average speed, mpg etc etc), 2-tone interior with higher quality material than the standard, painted mirrors and door handles, chrome front grill, easy entry (fold away passenger seat), electronically adjustable, fold away and heatable mirrors, headlights with 2 reflectors & bulbs on each side instead of 1 , power steering, ABS, 6 pioneer speakers, cd radio and of course.........2 CUPHOLDERS ^^

How it looked when I got it:

Things I changed:

- Radio switched to JVC KD-SH9104
    - Ipod 5 Video 30GB
    - added 2 more hidden power outlets which power the navi and the Ipod
    - switched to 16" SEAT Ibiza Formula Racing wheels
    - switched rear lights from red to grey (original SEAT Ibiza Formula Racing)
    - switched fog light covers to original SEAT Ibiza Formula Racing covers & painted them in car color
    - brushed aluminum door plates with "Ibiza" writing (the things you step on when you enter the car (original SEAT))
    - Parrot CK 3100 hands free bluetooth
    - brushed aluminum optic around the tachometer, heating outlets and gearbox (original SEAT again )
    - switched to those Bosch "Aerotwin" wipers
    - chrome mirror covers (original SEAT)
    - SEAT Sport mats with aluminum under the pedals
    - changed steering to "sport" setup via software
    - changed power locking so all doors open when you press open and all doors lock >15km/h
    - Carguard Defender alarm system with 2-zone radar sensor (warns when you come too close)
    - Asus A636 PDA with TomTom 5 and speedcamera overlays ^^
    - Blaupunkt OSDB8000A active subwoofer (only 150W but I didn´t want OOMPH OOMPH but only decent bass)
    - biggest change: installed an Autogas (LPG/GPL) system with a second tank instead of the spare wheel so I can use the 55c/l LPG instead of the 1.30€/l super
    - for the winter: original steel rims with winter tires WITHOUT hubcaps (because they suck ^^)
    - anti sun stripe on front window

Pictures:

In motion:

Doing the camera work for our yearly Ibiza meeting:

During the world cup 2006 (not painted, only power tape )

New rear lights and cool winter steel rims

Tachometer chrome rings before & after:

Interior:

Better weather and still summer rims.....

I´m quite happy with the car, it surely isn´t the most powerful car, but it runs 190km/h on a straight with Autogas, I even had it @ 202km/h GPS certified, but never got there again ...and for my current use (every day to university and through cities it´s enough....and it is quite fun to drive !!
    And of cause: It´s mine. I bought it from my own money, that makes it twice as nice to have
    Last edited by Quiky; June 4th, 2012, 7:19 PM. Reason: Verified
    Max (1986 E32 735i):
    Moritz (1998 E36 328i Convertible):

Owner of "Best Car" and "Best Bavarian Car" Award winner at Ringmeet 2015

eh...
    all these small euro hatchbacks are funky...
    i guess its hard to afford a proper car like an a4 or 3er in europe and its hard to maintain it b/c gasoline is very expensive
    First car - Audi A4 5MTQ (Traded in)
    Second Car - Nissan 350Z 6MT (Traded in)
    Third Car - BMW 330XI 5MT (Daily Driver)

Comment

Originally posted by Izari View Post
      eh...
      all these small euro hatchbacks are funky...
      i guess its hard to afford a proper car like an a4 or 3er in europe and its hard to maintain it b/c gasoline is very expensive
      oh for the love of god.... you really are pathetic

great little car D-Fence

Comment

202 KM/H with 75hp GPS certified? What has been pulling you?

Nice car, one of my mates has the same but only in stock condition.

(Didn't you wipe out your number plate on a few pics on purpose btw?)

Comment

It would be hard for you to afford those cars too if your mom didn't buy them for you.

Comment

Nice car!
            The wheels and the chrome around the gauges are really nice touches.

"I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

Comment

I'm getting sick of your snobby posts

Your the type that gives the fortunate/relatively wealthy people a bad image

Don't post anymore if all your going to do is put other people down for not being in the lovely position you are with in your life.

Nice car D-fence. Shame it's not an Audi or BMW j/k obviously.

We never got these in Aus. They look quite nice If I'm honest, I'm not a big fan of the chrome rings around the speedo, but meh, that's just me.

Comment

Nice car. Really like the interior.

Originally posted by SL65 View Post
                Shame it's not an Audi,
                I think it's got some Audi blood in it. The gauges kinda remind me of the latest Audi/Lambo layout.

Comment

Looks great with those wheels. You should just leave the stripe tape on your grille, gotta be representin' Deutschland, yo!

Chrome gauges look spiffy as well. How much horsepower do those suckers add?

Comment

I love the German flag on the grill:

Viking and Conquistador descendant

Comment

(Didn't you wipe out your number plate on a few pics on purpose btw?)
                      Some of the pictures were posted on german forums....and it´s not quite good if the police can say "haha user d-fence has this numberplate" when we talk about some....not so legal stuff like speeding

Originally Posted by Izari View Post
                      Well, you know, my dad drives an A6 Avant, my mother a 318td compact, so I thought, hey, why not SEAT? ... well obviously, because I and ONLY I had to pay for the car, and I like driving a small car that I worked for and payed by myself more than driving a 3 series daddy gave me...

202 KM/H with 75hp GPS certified? What has been pulling you?
                      Well, I was

a) not using Autogas, so the car was ~100kg lighter than now and had the full 75 hp
                      b) accelerating for YEARS (including some mountain descents) to get the 202km/h on a straight after a descent
                      c) using those stupid 185/r14 fuelsaver tires the car came with
                      d) SCARED as hell.....the car is not made for that speed

Never came there again though......and you must now, the engines spread like hell, there are some 75 hp Ibizas which actually produce 89 hp etc etc....never went on a dyno though, but I can easily outrun an 75 PS golf 3 f.e.

I think it's got some Audi blood in it. The gauges kinda remind me of the latest Audi/Lambo layout.
                      SEAT is meant to be the "Beginners Audi" by VW, it´s the sporty small & medium sized car brand, when you get rich, you can go to Audi

How much horsepower do those suckers add?
                      ~20hp if they are clean, when they are dusty only 15hp got to get me some m3 mirrors, which will add at least 400 more hp

I love the German flag on the grill
                      Funny thing: It´s a lost bet I said Germany won´t reach the quarter finals during World cup....well we did, because our team was surprisingly good, so....-> flag on grill. when I finished it, I really loved it, everybody in the streets looked at it, some people didn´t see it´s only tape, so they thought I really painted it and asked how much it was etc etc -> funny time that was
                      Last edited by D-Fence; December 2nd, 2006, 2:58 AM.
                      Max (1986 E32 735i):

Comment

Originally posted by TomCat View Post
                        Nice car. Really like the interior.

SEAT is owned by VW, so you'll notice a few similarities between the Ibiza and the Murcielago .
                        I find myself really liking how SEATs look, they've got this unique, stylish appeal that VW seems to lack. I like the chrome gauges a lot, but to be honest the wheels dont suit the car. Are you planning any performance upgrades btw?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Fence View Post
                          Funny thing: It´s a lost bet I said Germany won´t reach the quarter finals during World cup....well we did, because our team was surprisingly good, so....-> flag on grill. when I finished it, I really loved it, everybody in the streets looked at it, some people didn´t see it´s only tape, so they thought I really painted it and asked how much it was etc etc -> funny time that was
                          I was seriously hoping for a Germany - France final, it would have been awesome.
                          Viking and Conquistador descendant

Comment

Some of the pictures were posted on german forums....and it´s not quite good if the police can say "haha user d-fence has this numberplate" when we talk about some....not so legal stuff like speeding
                            Be aware of interpol

Never came there again though......and you must now, the engines spread like hell, there are some 75 hp Ibizas which actually produce 89 hp etc etc....never went on a dyno though, but I can easily outrun an 75 PS golf 3 f.e.
                            That's a plausible theory I hadn't though of - funny somehow, because I always got the feeling that my first car (Opel Astra 1.6) was similar to that. (Well, not exactly 15 additional horses, but it always felt like a little bit more than the official 71hp)

Comment

Originally posted by bartboy9891 View Post
                              SEAT is owned by VW, so you'll notice a few similarities between the Ibiza and the Murcielago .
                              I find myself really liking how SEATs look, they've got this unique, stylish appeal that VW seems to lack. I like the chrome gauges a lot, but to be honest the wheels dont suit the car. Are you planning any performance upgrades btw?
                              Did you know, that the chef designer from Lamborghini (Luc Donckerwolke, did the Murcielagio and Gallardo) has switched to the SEAT chef designer? He will design the next generation ...... I´m really looking forward to that.......

Performance upgrades......the facelift has 86hp and the same engine, I will see if it is possible to reach that with an ECU swap, but everything else is too expensive for this little engine.....
                              Max (1986 E32 735i):

Comment

Nice car mate, we never saw the seat brand here in Australia (you didn't even see that many VW's here until recently)

I think i'm right in saying that the ford falcon is australia's most populous LPG car, closely followed by the holden commodore

oh and Izari, shut up no-one cares. D-fence is clearly proud of his car, was it really needed to add that comment about proper cars.
                                My car is dark grey not black!

Comment

In Germany, we didn´t really have LPG since ~2 years....it was always stated as "uneconimical, dangerous etc", because the big energy companies kept advertising their CNG (natural gas) cars.....but now it´s getting really popular, last year we had ~650 LPG fuel stations, by now we have >1900 People really see that there is a difference between 55c/l and 1.40€/l and that there is no danger at all....they always said that LPG is only for low power cars etc but projects like the S8 and RS6 on LPG have proven they are wrong.....

http://audi-vmax.de 300km/h on LPG
                                  Max (1986 E32 735i):

Comment

Looks like a car that may not be fast, but once you get moving you can really toss it around. Hell, if I lived in Europe, I would drive something similar.
                                    LET | FOREVER | BE

Comment

It´s most fun on small country roads where you don´t need topspeed but handling

Edit:

Found some of my old videos

0-120km/h (have to admit it was going slightly (!!) downhill)
                                      [youtube]Va7uuV2Rclk[/youtube]

Security training (car was stock @ that time, you drive over some wet plastic that simulates ice and your rear axel gets pulled to the side by a skidplate)

1. Damn
                                      [youtube]Ulown-yS4-o[/youtube]

2. Yippay
                                      [youtube]9lCT13-A_AE[/youtube]
                                      Last edited by D-Fence; December 2nd, 2006, 4:35 PM.
                                      Max (1986 E32 735i):

Comment

Really nice car! I like the chrome around the speedo a lot. Little things like that make the whole difference!

By LPG you guys mean natural gas, more specifically methane, right? If that's the case I'd say this is very popular here in Brazil, specially in Rio. It's cheaper and cleaner. Taxi drivers love it. They all put it in theirs VW's, Chevy's and Hondas and even some buses use it. We now even have a Fiat that can run with LPG or Alcohol (Ethanol)/Gasoline in any proportion.

Comment

Working...
                                        X