67 Mustang heart transplant surgery in progress...

Alright so I've started scouting locations for the MSD. Here is my idea so far:

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

What do you think?

Also I mocked up my motor yesterday :D

DSC_0318.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0315-1.jpg

Will the glovebox liner still fit with the MSD in there?

Hm. Well, might want to put a little fan under there to cool off the MSD.

All information I've found indicated that there would be no problems with overheating anywhere outside the engine bay. I talked to tech at MSD and he said it wouldn't be a problem, even said that putting it under the seat would be ok.

I wouldn't worry too much about the liner for the glovebox. They're so small they're really only useful for spare fuses and a tire gauge. The actual manual for my mustang is too tall to fit in there without rubbing the top as you close the thing.

So I spent yesterday and today working on this:

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0353-1.jpg

DSC_0351-1.jpg

This is in the glovebox at night:

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0357-1.jpg

Now before anyone screams "RIZE!", I wired a switch to the fan so I can turn the light off if it gets annoying. When I first took it out of the box, the light was wired directly to the power source so it was constantly on. I fixed that with some rewiring. With the dash closed it does emit an eerie glow on the passenger footwell.

Also, today I spent all day redoing the entire mount to relocated the fan to different position for better cooling. I haven't finished it yet, but I will next weekend and I'll post pics.

As of right now, I have essentially nothing left to do before I can drop the engine back in. I need to do a bolt check and I'm going to sandblast and repaint my pulleys and brackets because I wasn't satisfied with my first paint results. I also need to plug the EGR ports with some 5/8"-11 x .75" bolts, which are suprisingly hard to find.

Getting close! :mrgreen:

Nice mod, computer fans are really quite useful.

Is that an Antec Tri-cool by chance? /nerd

I like this car a lot what kind of power are you expecting?

Thanks! Glad you and others like it, gives me some extra motivation to get it right. Heads and cam are stock, so nothing earth shattering. I'd be satisfied with 250 hp at the crank. Regardless it should be a huge improvement over the worn out 289 I had in there before. It was prolly only worth a little over 100 hp.

Nice mod, computer fans are really quite useful.

Is that an Antec Tri-cool by chance? /nerd

Haha, well I just grabbed the only LED one I saw at RadioShack, I believe it's this one: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2211702

Since he insists on doing a carbureted setup, not enough. :D :lol: :mrgreen:

Pshh...Get me some heads and a cam and I'll thrash that XJR of yours :p I'm prolly close to 1100 lbs lighter than you!

Last edited:
That's okay. We'll do the run on a hot summer day... what's that you say? You've vapor locked? And any new fuel is just boiling off as soon as it gets to the engine bay????

:mrgreen:

Add in an high pressure electric fuel pump then, along with my heads and cam. Besides I've never had that problem in 3 summers of daily driving :mrgreen:

That's okay. We'll do the run on a hot summer day... what's that you say? You've vapor locked? And any new fuel is just boiling off as soon as it gets to the engine bay????

:mrgreen:
The only time my old, carbureted, truck would vaper lock was in the winter. -_-

@Topic: Bloody nice car, man. Wouldn't mind seeing it on the road some time... :D

With the dash closed it does emit an eerie glow on the passenger footwell.

Well, when someone asks, you just tell them that's where you hid the flux capacitor, which is the reason you can't drive over 87 mph.

Nice to see the project coming along. Can't wait to see the finished product. (hopefully with some vids so we can hear it too)

The only time my old, carbureted, truck would vaper lock was in the winter. -_-

@Topic: Bloody nice car, man. Wouldn't mind seeing it on the road some time... :D

Hopefully it won't be too long, although the engine is the first step in a long process. Body is up next then on to chassis and suspension. I also need new wheels :D

Well, when someone asks, you just tell them that's where you hid the flux capacitor, which is the reason you can't drive over 87 mph.

Haha, I'll have to use that one on some of my less car guy friends.

Nice to see the project coming along. Can't wait to see the finished product. (hopefully with some vids so we can hear it too)

Definately videos :mrgreen: I'll probably start it up open headers too :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Get some trickflow twisted wedges and a tfs stage 2 cam. Should be rockin' then. ;)

*give me the 289*